Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: APB - Better Late Than Never

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    The dadgone download has some kind of encryption on it that prevents me from copying it to the USB drive I use in the car bastards! So my .
    I didn't know that was possible.
    Are you certain you didn't inadvertently turn on write-protection on the USB drive?

I just finished making my own version of the album for my MP3 player in an order that I think works better.
    Here's the tracklist (I used the DVD except where indicated):
    Code:
    01 - Intro/One In The Rhythm of Hope
    02 - A For Aria
    03 - Owner of a Lonely Heart
    04 - Listening With Me
    05 - Time And A Word
    06 - Infinite Mirage
    07 - Soul Eternal
    08 - Wonderous Stories
    09 - And You And I  (from CD)
    10 - Renaissance of the Sun
    11 - Roundabout/Re-Remembering Molecules
    12 - I See You Messenger (from CD)
    13 - New New World (from CD)

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    I didn't know that was possible.
    Are you certain you didn't inadvertently turn on write-protection on the USB drive?
    I'm sure - I was in the process of copying several albums over to the drive, and all was fine except for when I got to APB - I got a message that the file format or something couldn't handle the encryption. Very weird. One thing is for some reason all the file names in Explorer were in green - I've seen that before, I don't know what it means.

Whenever I see A For Aria I think it says A For Asia.

Having read the debacle thread my expectations were modest, however I really love this album and it's so great to hear Jon in such good voice, this is the best I've heard him in years.

It possibly is time he got back with with Yes for a final swansong, though how that would pan out without Chris I don't know. That said I would love to see an APB show, not that they'll get this side of the pond.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sunlight Caller View Post
    Having read the debacle thread my expectations were modest, however I really love this album and it's so great to hear Jon in such good voice, this is the best I've heard him in years.

It possibly is time he got back with with Yes for a final swansong, though how that would pan out without Chris I don't know. That said I would love to see an APB show, not that they'll get this side of the pond.

Assuming it happens (and with Jon and his on and off health issues that is always a bit of a question) I'm really looking forward to seeing them next month.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunlight Caller View Post

I agree, the album is actually pretty good. And it would have been nice to see him with Yes one last time. Sort of a shame Chris didn't let that happen, though I can see both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    I'm sure - I was in the process of copying several albums over to the drive, and all was fine except for when I got to APB - I got a message that the file format or something couldn't handle the encryption. Very weird. One thing is for some reason all the file names in Explorer were in green - I've seen that before, I don't know what it means.
    http://www.andyrathbone.com/2012/01/...green-letters/

Really digging their OOALH.

Can't wait for the show next month. Have seen both artists many times on their own, looking forward to the combo.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Interesting version for sure - the band sounds pretty darn good, as does Anderson - but those visuals and that "cut to a new shot every 2 seconds" style both really need to go out of fashion, like, NOW! It makes it hard for these old eyes to watch...

Quote Originally Posted by Koreabruce View Post
    Interesting version for sure - the band sounds pretty darn good, as does Anderson - but those visuals and that "cut to a new shot every 2 seconds" style both really need to go out of fashion, like, NOW! It makes it hard for these old eyes to watch...
    Yes. I like the version, the vibe, etc but this kind of video editing is a bit... irritating.

those visuals and that "cut to a new shot every 2 seconds" style
    Used in hilarious fashion for that Dunlap guy's solo. I forget which track.

Used in hilarious fashion for that Dunlap guy's solo. I forget which track.
    Seen but not heard. Jamie Glaser is who you are hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Interstellar View Post
    Yes. I like the version, the vibe, etc but this kind of video editing is a bit... irritating.
    Haven't seen the APB video yet, but this discussion reminds me of the Genesis reunion tour video. Unfuckingwatchable. No shot lasts longer than half a second. It's like the director said "there's 24 frames in a second, fellas, and I intend to get the most out of every one of 'em!"

Quote Originally Posted by Rand Kelly View Post
    Seen but not heard. Jamie Glaser is who you are hearing.
    Not even seen, except from a distance. They replaced his closeup footage from his solo with CG visuals.

You are the one! Infinity!

"cut to a new shot every 2 seconds" style
    View the video in post #59. Rarely does the shot last for even a second.

View the video in post #59. Rarely does the shot last for even a second.
    Good grief! Don't watch if you're prone to seizures!
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Good grief! Don't watch if you're prone to seizures!
    for sure!! That's unwatchable - I thought Transatlantic Kaliveoscope was bad with the editing but this is even worse!
    Can someone sit these editors down and force them to watch "The Last Waltz"

I didn't find it hard to watch at all. Sure used some special effects to blur things when the new guitar solo didn't synch up but beyond that it wasn't too bad. Some songs were more visually affected than others.

Quote Originally Posted by Obscured View Post
    Really digging their OOALH.

Can't wait for the show next month. Have seen both artists many times on their own, looking forward to the combo.
    I like the music, but I want to see a band playing, with some close-ups perhaps, but this is really annoying. It looks like someone just discovered what he could do with his video-stuff and decided to use every possibility.
    Last edited by Rarebird; 10-07-2015 at 02:04 PM.

@ Rarebird

Quote Originally Posted by Rarebird View Post
    I like the music, but I want to see a band playing, with some close-ups perhaps, but this is really annoying. It looks like someone just discovered what het could do with his video-stuff and decided to use every possibility.
    What I call form over function.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

That was far better than I would have expected. I like it! I really wanna see that bass solo in front of Roundabout that people are talking about.

Have to agree. Yes hasn't played Roundabout with that much fire and precision since the 70s (if ever).