Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Steve Hackett - Seconds Out And More (World Tour 2021/22)

Quote Originally Posted by Flightwave View Post
    Doesn’t surprise me. Twitter is a cesspool of hatred and people jumping to conclusions. I don’t think Nad meant anything malicious in his comments.
    I don’t think Nad meant anything malicious either. Twitter is indeed a cesspool, I agree.
    "what's better, peanut butter or g-sharp minor?"
    - Sturgeon's Lawyer, 2021

Quote Originally Posted by rich View Post
    So... your first Hackett show was 2001... When was the First Genesis show? Just curious... 1986/1987? 1992? 2007?
    1982, the Three Sides Live tour.

Quote Originally Posted by Flightwave View Post
    Doesn’t surprise me. Twitter is a cesspool of hatred and people jumping to conclusions. I don’t think Nad meant anything malicious in his comments.
    I was amazed at the assorted Genesis forum comments regarding this. Lots of hatred and venom directed at Nad. Even one saying something to the effect that he was talent less & should be fired. This reminded me of why I abandoned those types of forums years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by dgtlman View Post
    I was amazed at the assorted Genesis forum comments regarding this. Lots of hatred and venom directed at Nad. Even one saying something to the effect that he was talent less & should be fired. This reminded me of why I abandoned those types of forums years ago.

People on forums who say nasty comments about someone on a forum are generally cowards, who with the face of anonymity become the mouse that roared, not having to face the consequences of physically confronting their target in person.
    In another time, they were or still are bullies, only now they can do it without the risk of getting their pathetic little arse kicked.
    They also consider themselves as experts from everything from science, math, history and the arts, and will disparage anyone who dares disagree or correct their false information.

I love Genesis and I'm also a fan of Steve H and Nad. I didn't get any smarmy vibes out of the comment.
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice YouTube: [https://www.youtube.com/@richardhermans4457

Quote Originally Posted by flowerking View Post
    1982, the Three Sides Live tour.
    Great tour to start with! The band was on fire. I always thought it was the best drum duet Phil and Chester came up with... Los Endos killed on that tour. Abacab was great live. The soundboards from that tour are among the best they have as well in my opinion.
    Last edited by rich; 09-28-2021 at 11:52 AM.

I may go to see Hackett in Brighton next month, haven't been to a gig in ages for some reason

I would definitely recommend anybody to attend one of these shows, I was entranced at The Palladium, it was somehow much more than I expected. I’ve seen quite a few Hackett Genesis Revisited shows in recent times, perhaps it’s my familiarity with Seconds Out, or the fact that it’s been so long away from the concert halls, but I loved he show.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    I don’t think Nad meant anything malicious either.
    From what I've seen, he seems like one of those gentle souls who isn't capable of malice, like Ant Phillips, for instance.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    From what I've seen, he seems like one of those gentle souls who isn't capable of malice, like Ant Phillips, for instance.
    Totally agreed.
    "what's better, peanut butter or g-sharp minor?"
    - Sturgeon's Lawyer, 2021

SPOILER ALERT

I saw the Manchester show. Seconds Out was the first Genesis record I heard and it remains a favourite. I loved the show but it was weird being that physically close to 'other people' after all this time. My only minor criticisms are the drummer didn't do the Ralph Humphrey/Zappa 'More Trouble Every Day' fill at the end of Afterglow and the band didn't do that dramatic beat rest near the end of Cinema Show. These are the signature SO arrangements for those tunes IMO, instead they were played closer to the studio versions.

That said, very happy to have had the opportunity to experience this classic collection of songs live.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieranfunzig View Post
    My only minor criticisms are the drummer didn't do the Ralph Humphrey/Zappa 'More Trouble Every Day' fill at the end of Afterglow
    Chester Thompson.

No -- I believe he's talking about Phil's son, who's taking the drumstool on this outing.
    Cobra handling and cocaine use are a bad mix.

Chester Thompson.

No Ralph came up with the part, to compliment/mimic Zappa's riff. Ralph played it with Chester on Roxy and...
    . When Chester joined the band Phil was keen to learn it from listening to Roxy. Hence it ended up on Afterglow.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturgeon's Lawyer View Post
    No -- I believe he's talking about Phil's son, who's taking the drumstool on this outing.
    Craig Blundell. The topic is the lack of the classic Roxy + Elsewhere Chester Thompson drum fill in Afterglow on the current Hackett tour.

No Ralph came up with the part, to compliment/mimic Zappa's riff. Ralph played it with Chester on Roxy and...
    . When Chester joined the band Phil was keen to learn it from listening to Roxy. Hence it ended up on Afterglow.
    We need a ruling from Buzby or Biffy on this one.

I hope the last couple years have been kinder to Nad. On Hackett’s 2019 tour he looked aged and unwell.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    I hope the last couple years have been kinder to Nad. On Hackett’s 2019 tour he looked aged and unwell.
    I kind of thought that for the Wuthering Nights DVD from 2018. When he's performing the Phil era songs, particularly Eleventh Earl of Mars and One for the Vine his vocals seem weak, almost like he was fighting a cold. I was rather disappointed because those are a couple of my favorite songs from W&W.
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice YouTube: [https://www.youtube.com/@richardhermans4457

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    Nad walked past us, twice, while we were waiting to get in. Looking tanned and healthy. If I'd had any merch on me, I might asked politely for an autograph, as he seemed quite relaxed and most folk around me didn't recognise or know him.

Quote Originally Posted by Valen View Post
    Nad walked past us, twice, while we were waiting to get in. most folk around me didn't recognise or know him.
    The man is tall as an old oak tree, how could someone NOT recognize him...lol

This is correct. (It's what Chester told me anyway. )

Saw Steve, at Bradford St George’s Friday 1/10 he was excellent. Downside my wife as just tested positive for, Covid19, whilst I am clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    The man is tall as an old oak tree, how could someone NOT recognize him...lol
    Maybe they didn't look up far enough...
    My Progressive Workshop at http://soundcloud.com/hfxx

Quote Originally Posted by BirstallBlue View Post
    Saw Steve, at Bradford St George’s Friday 1/10 he was excellent. Downside my wife as just tested positive for, Covid19, whilst I am clear.
    Best wishes for your wife and you. Hope all turns out well.

Wow… I hope she gets well soon. Please let us know.

I hope she gets through it without too much pain. Do you think she contracted it at the gig? My eldest daughter and her boyfriend went to see Bring Me The Horizon two weeks ago and he has been struck down with it, though she is clear, though she is double up jabbed and has had Covid already. They are convinced it must have been from the crowd at the gig, which of course would have been in greater proximity than at Mr Hackett’s show.