Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Brother Seasons 21, 22, 23...

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    How is Enzo talking like this, yo, different than Canadian slang, eh?
    It's really not.

I hope I didn't offend you. That was not my intension at all.

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    ^ I view it as slightly different. Saying yo constantly at the end of a sentence makes you sound childish and less intelligent. Saying eh just makes you sound Canadian.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

A couple thoughts about the triple: (mildly spoilery)

1) How could someone in the control room be as dumb to leave the words triple eviction floating around Julie before they officially told the houseguests about it?

2) Given that the triple had been floating around as an idea, I'm pretty surprised they were all as shocked as they were when they found out about it.

3) I wish they would have done something different for the second veto comp.

4) this one is quite spoliery....I'm very glad David went first. I was afraid that he would have been dragged along to like final 4. Now, once Nicole leaves, I'll be relatively happy with whoever wins.

5) I hope that next HOH is an endurance comp and happens fairly soon to test that as much as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    It's really not.

I hope I didn't offend you. That was not my intension at all.
    Offend? I follow Evel Dick and you're asking if you offended me??? You're too sweet! I was just trying to get your take on both.

Born & raised in Southern California, so the totally rad way of talking is how I grew up, dude. My favorite comedy of all time is Fast Times at Ridgemont High. I think Enzo sounds like a moron when he talks, yo. But, it's charming on him. He's scrawny and a pipsqueak, so it works. If he had the steroid look with wife beaters and styled hair, then he'd be a fool. If I had to live with someone speaking like Enzo 24/4 -- no way!

Quote Originally Posted by Hobo Chang Ba View Post
    ^ I view it as slightly different. Saying yo constantly at the end of a sentence makes you sound childish and less intelligent. Saying eh just makes you sound Canadian.
    Some people might wonder what the difference is. LOL!

Actually, I agree with you. But in true Canadian fashion, I didn't want to offend anyone. What I meant by it not being different is that each region has it's own dialect and way of speaking. For me, with Enzo, it's not just about the "yo", but his entire body language when he speaks. I don't want to stereotype (but I obviously am), Enzo speaks the way I would expect a much younger person to speak when they think they are being cool. But then they grow up and try to get a job, and they realize that if they want to be successful, they need to drop the dialect and silly arm movements and conform to how the majority speak and act.

I don't know what Enzo does for a living, and maybe it's because I work with highly educated (Canadian) professionals, but I would never be able to hire Enzo no matter how smart he might be. In my world, he would never be taken seriously. In his world, he's accepted as he is, and that's great for him.

Offend? I follow Evel Dick and you're asking if you offended me??? You're too sweet! I was just trying to get your take on both.

Born & raised in Southern California, so the totally rad way of talking is how I grew up, dude. My favorite comedy of all time is Fast Times at Ridgemont High. I think Enzo sounds like a moron when he talks, yo. But, it's charming on him. He's scrawny and a pipsqueak, so it works. If he had the steroid look with wife beaters and styled hair, then he'd be a fool. If I had to live with someone speaking like Enzo 24/4 -- no way!
    Really knowing nothing about you, I started to worry that you spoke like that too! But now I know you're just a totally rad dude. You must have loved that Otev comp!

Some people might wonder what the difference is. LOL!

Actually, I agree with you. But in true Canadian fashion, I didn't want to offend anyone. What I meant by it not being different is that each region has it's own dialect and way of speaking. For me, with Enzo, it's not just about the "yo", but his entire body language when he speaks. I don't want to stereotype (but I obviously am), Enzo speaks the way I would expect a much younger person to speak when they think they are being cool. But then they grow up and try to get a job, and they realize that if they want to be successful, they need to drop the dialect and silly arm movements and conform to how the majority speak and act.

I don't know what Enzo does for a living, and maybe it's because I work with highly educated (Canadian) professionals, but I would never be able to hire Enzo no matter how smart he might be. In my world, he would never be taken seriously. In his world, he's accepted as he is, and that's great for him.
    It's because of his immaturity, and his ridiculous forty-something looking like a teenager trying to be a mobster attitude that I can't stand the guy.

He's an insurance adjuster. I have to assume that he "puts on" a more conventional dialect when at work.
    Regards,

Duncan

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Glenday View Post
    He's an insurance adjuster. I have to assume that he "puts on" a more conventional dialect when at work.
    I can only imagine your face, Duncan, as Enzo arrives to let you know he is your claim representative.

[knock on Duncan Glenday's home residence door]
    Duncan: Hello?
    Vincenzo: Hello, Mr. Glenday? My name is Vincenzo, from Outta Da Burrowz Insurance. I'm here to see your damaged bicycle, sir.
    Duncan: Right this way, young lad.
    Vincenzo: Oh, thank you sir. I am actually 43, and father of two.
    Duncan: Well, then, for a man of 43 you are doing something right. Keep up the good work. Ah, here is there bicycle.
    [Vincenzo stands motionless, eyes glazed]
    Vincenzo: Yo! What the fuh... happened here, yo??? Nah, man, nah. This was all YOU!. Yooze aint gonna be able to claim nuttinz, yo! Fuhgeddit. I'm out, yo. On the flip side! And don't call no office 'ta complain, yo. Ain't happenin', yeah? Meow Meow not gonna have dat! I'm out, yo.
    Duncan:

Really knowing nothing about you, I started to worry that you spoke like that too! But now I know you're just a totally rad dude. You must have loved that Otev comp!
    Oh my! It's like me acting like Enzo -- he would spot me a mile away. Otev was over the top, but ok.

I can only imagine your face, Duncan, as Enzo arrives to let you know he is your claim representative.

Vincenzo: Hello, Mr. Glenday? My name is Vincenzo, from Outta Da Burrowz Insurance. I'm here to see your damaged bicycle, sir.
    Duncan: Well, then, for a man of 43 you are doing something right. Keep up the good work. Ah, here is there bicycle.
    Vincenzo: Yo! What the fuh... happened here, yo??? Nah, man, nah. This was all YOU!. Yooze aint gonna be able to claim nuttinz, yo! Fuhgeddit. I'm out, yo. On the flip side! And don't call no office 'ta complain, yo. Ain't happenin', yeah? Meow Meow not gonna have dat! I'm out, yo.
    Duncan:
    LMAO! That is friggin' hilarious yo.

Are you sure you're not from New Jersey? You play the part so well.

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Glenday
    That makes me think that he's probably putting on an act for BB. It's all about creating good TV.

Duncan:

Too funny!
    Regards,

Duncan

====

10:23 AM · Oct 5, 2020
    Big Brother - Wakey wakey houseguests. You are the reason we cant have nice things

====

====

4:28 PM · Oct 6, 2020 Jamie-Lynn Sigler @JamieLSigler
    I want Enzo to win @CBSBigBrother
    That Is all I can muster today.

====

Enzo can die happy. A Soprano!!!

This is how I speak. My favorite phrase is 'right on', it appears.

====

7:24 PM · Oct 10, 2020
    Nicole - What a great ending to this season that would be...for us.
    Cody - Winning out.
    Nicole - Winning out and being like "you guys were warned week four".
    Cody - They tried telling you.
    Nicole - Janelle tried telling everybody about me, Kaysar tried telling about you

====

This pre-game alliance thingy made the season boring. Every week was pre-determined. If the HoH wanted them gone, they were gone. No chance for changing things up. No plans to turn things around. The only oddity was Dani having to nominate a total of four during her reign.

All I gots is Enzo, yo.

Enzo has won me over. I'd really like to see him win. I think that he's played a very smart game. He has totally stayed under the radar and made some smart alliances while also keeping his alliances quiet. He wasn't part of The Committee and yet almost every person in The Committee was protecting him.

He needs to get rid of Nicole though. I think that Cody is loyal to Nicole over Enzo. I also think that Cody thinks that he can beat Nicole easier than Enzo.

IMO, Enzo's best bet is to get to final two with Christmas.
    Last edited by ForeverAutumn; 10-11-2020 at 02:11 PM.

Enzo has won me over.

Enzo has won me over.

Enzo has won me over.

Enzo has won me over.

You totally crack me up Gruno. I'd love to sit down a share a few beverages with you sometime.

This is how I speak. My favorite phrase is 'right on', it appears.
    Is one of these guys you? I don't hear either one using an abundance of Right Ons.

The cat on the right of the screen

The cat on the right of the screen
    Hey, nice! I love getting to actually see peeps that I talk to online. I didn't catch any right ons, totally rads, dudes, or yos.

====

4:40 PM · Oct 13, 2020
    Enzo - Them two (Cody/Nicole) came in here with some type of thing.
    Christmas - They had the same mentor.
    Enzo - Exactly. They were on the phone for three months before this thing fucking started. I know already

====

Yo.

====

4:40 PM · Oct 13, 2020
    Enzo - Them two (Cody/Nicole) came in here with some type of thing.
    Christmas - They had the same mentor.
    Enzo - Exactly. They were on the phone for three months before this thing fucking started. I know already

====

Yo.

I'm telling you, Enzo and Christmas. Final two. Enzo wins.

I can't believe that I want Enzo to win! These are unprecedented times.

It's about time!

It made me laugh (and then made me sad) that none of the remaining houseguests knew of the Knight Moves competition.

It also made me realize that I really havent' seen these people play chess in the house in quite some time. In fact, this year seems to be backgammon as game of choice, and to me that is the perfect analogy for how the gameplay has decreased over the past 6+ seasons.