Thread: Movies - Take Two. Action!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Locke (2014). Stars Tom Hardy, Olvia Colman, Ruth Wilson and a pre-Webhead Tom Holland.

Think a movie that takes place entirely "inside a car" for 85 minutes won't be interesting? Think again.

Hardy plays a successful concrete foreman named Ivan Locke who, on the eve of the "biggest pour in Europe" outside a job for government/military, tries to ensure the operation runs smoothly in absentia by enabling his primary subordinate to check everything over (and to try to keep him from drinking while doing so).

Throughout the night drive (and movie), Locke also tries to salvage his marriage as well as his job. Why? You'll have to watch the film.

Tom Hardy was writer-director Steven Knight's first and only choice for the role of Ivan Locke.

Quote Originally Posted by dropforge View Post
    Locke (2014)
    Here's an interesting coincidence: "Painter" reviewed that movie four years ago – to the day.

I watched it right after that and I found it compelling.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post
    Here's an interesting coincidence: "Painter" reviewed that movie four years ago – to the day.

Wow. That's something
    Brian Dennehy: "I'm now 80 and I'm just another actor and that's fine with me. I've had a hell of a ride," ... "I have a nice house. I haven't got a palace, a mansion, but a pretty nice, comfortable home. I've raised a bunch of kids and sent them all to school, and they're all doing well. All the people that are close to me are reasonably healthy and happy. Listen, that's as much as anybody can hope for in life."

Locke (2014). Stars Tom Hardy, Olvia Colman, Ruth Wilson and a pre-Webhead Tom Holland.

Think a movie that takes place entirely "inside a car" for 85 minutes won't be interesting? Think again.

Hardy plays a successful concrete foreman named Ivan Locke who, on the eve of the "biggest pour in Europe" outside a job for government/military, tries to ensure the operation runs smoothly in absentia by enabling his primary subordinate to check everything over (and to try to keep him from drinking while doing so).

Throughout the night drive (and movie), Locke also tries to salvage his marriage as well as his job. Why? You'll have to watch the film.

Tom Hardy was writer-director Steven Knight's first and only choice for the role of Ivan Locke.

I want to check this out. Reminds me...Have you seen the netflix original movie Wheelman from 2017? It's about a getaway driver for a bank robbery that is double-crossed. The whole movie is him in the car trying to get to his family and find who set him up. Low budget, but pretty damn solid! Really enjoyed it. I actually read that it holds a record for amount of "fuck"s ever said in a narrative film
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post

No kidding!? Sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    I want to check this out. Reminds me...Have you seen the netflix original movie Wheelman from 2017? It's about a getaway driver for a bank robbery that is double-crossed. The whole movie is him in the car trying to get to his family and find who set him up. Low budget, but pretty damn solid! Really enjoyed it. I actually read that it holds a record for amount of "fuck"s ever said in a narrative film
    I haven't seen it, but now I want to.

The most f-bombs, eh? I'm surprised Jay Mewes hasn't recommended it.

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    That was quite an entertaining film!
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar

I saw this movie when it was new and have been looking for it on dvd lately, but had forgotten the name of it. Thanks for the reminder.
    We're trying to build a monument to show that we were here
    It won't be visible through the air
    And there won't be any shade to cool the monument to prove that we were here. - Gene Parsons, 1973