In response to a somewhat recent thread on how bad commercial radio can be, this is your chance to tell the world what they are missing and what you or your station terrestrial or virtual are all about.

Revel in the coolness that radio can be. The calls from listeners when you're playing Sweet Smoke - Up in Smoke talking about seeing the band in a tiny bar and going on for 30 minutes about the scene back then and then calling back 20 minutes later to thank me again. People calling and asking OMG what are you playing? or "I've been driving around the block for 20 minutes so I wouldn't miss the announcement." Radio can be very personal despite it being broadcast from a small, not so sterile in our case, room with no windows and the lights turned down low. Witnessing bands bands playing live over the air as you sit back as an audience of one. Interviews, having bands hear their music over the air for the first time. It's all good.

Who else is there?

Me I've been doing this for just over 10 years now each thurs evening playing the "rehearsal intensive rock". *

CKCU Ottawa Ontario 93.1 FM www.ckcufm.com

With 2 new additions to the CKCU family, Sean Wed. at Midnight and a brand new weekly show directly before me on Thursdays the station is certainly looking more
avant/prog-like every day. along with the usual fine quality programming the shows listed below might peak your interest. All shows listed have an On-demand streaming option that
you can listen to them at your leisure. All times eastern.

Monday

Electroacoustic - Acoustic Frontiers - 12:30-14:00

Wednesday

Proggy-like - What's the Frequency Kevin? - 00:00-2:00
Zappa/industrial - Pure Radio Kaos - 15:30-16:30
Jazz - In A Mellow tone -21:00-23:00
Avant jazz - Rabble Without A Cause - 23:00-24:00

Thurs

Not just prog - Electronic Meditation - 00:00-2:00 (bi-weekly)
Avant Rock - Bizarre Bazaar - 19:00-20:30
Not just Avant Rock - Infinite Ceiling 20:30-22:00

Friday

Rawk/jazz/stoner/acid - Friday Morning Cartunes - 9:30-13:00
"ambitous experiments" - Crimes Against Music - 19:00-20:00

Saturday

not just Rawk/jazz/stoner/acid - Heavy Friends - 20:00-22:00

Sunday
Rawk/jazz/stoner/acid/punk/prog - Night Watch - 23:00-02:00 (bi-weekly)
Rawk/jazz/stoner/acid/drone/prog - Sunday Night Mind Melt - 23:00-02:00 (bi-weekly)

* stolen phrase