Thread: Greatest progressive rock albums according to google

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Greatest progressive rock albums according to google

This is pretty cool. I just discovered that if you put in something like "greatest progressive rock albums" in the google search engine you will get album covers for about 10-15 different albums. You can't put in "prog" though. It has to be "progressive rock" or "art rock." It changes a little bit if you put in "best" or leave out any adjective altogether. If you put in just "progressive" without "rock" then Lark's tongues in Aspic pops up.

I have also put in things like psychedelic albums, science fiction films, horror movies,jazz albums, novels, etc etc. You can put in pretty much anything you want to see a list for and a picture or book cover, album cover or whatever will appear. This is good for someone new to a certain genre to see what is usually recommended first.

For the prog albums(and pretty much everything)they are the most obvious of course. When I put in "krautrock albums" bands like Can, Amon Duul 2 and Ash Ra Temple popped up as well as the more obvious ones like Kraftwerk and Tangerine Dream. Of course it's not perfect, one of the albums that popped up when I put in "instrumental rock" was Frank Zappa's "hot rats" which does have some vocals on it.
    Last edited by Digital_Man; 10-27-2013 at 02:59 PM.