Thread: Basic Home Recording Studio?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I'm so used to Cubase, I doubt I will ever use a different program, though tru the years Cubase has changed a lot, losing some things I loved and bringing new things I don't need. Luckily they are also improving things I use. Alas some things I use are only in the most expensive version, which also has a lot of things I never use.

Quote Originally Posted by Rarebird View Post
    I'm so used to Cubase, I doubt I will ever use a different program, though tru the years Cubase has changed a lot, losing some things I loved and bringing new things I don't need. Luckily they are also improving things I use. Alas some things I use are only in the most expensive version, which also has a lot of things I never use.
    I absolutely love Cubase. Bought my first copy around 04 when it was called VST/32 or something like that. I had no experience whatsoever working with software and no one to learn from, so there was a lot of hairpulling in those early days. Had a brief fling with early versions of Tracktion and upgraded when Mackie bought it out, but quit using it and went back to Cubase.
    Graduated to Cubase 4 and my last version which I still use and happy with is Cubase 6. That's all I need for the remainder of my recording home studio days.

A year or so ago I bought a new Desktop dedicated solely to my DAW but I bought it with Windows 7 installed because I love the familiarity and workflow of it. Migrating all my stuff over was a nightmare and a few really old VST's didn't work very well, might be cause I installed 64bit version. Went ahead and upgraded to Komplete 11 with an external hard drive and we're good to go.
    I share my monitor, keyboard and mouse with my internet desktop and have a little do dad thingy that allows me to switch back and forth using one monitor, wireless keyboard and mouse.
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice YouTube: [https://www.youtube.com/@richardhermans4457

Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    I absolutely love Cubase. Bought my first copy around 04 when it was called VST/32 or something like that. I had no experience whatsoever working with software and no one to learn from, so there was a lot of hairpulling in those early days. Had a brief fling with early versions of Tracktion and upgraded when Mackie bought it out, but quit using it and went back to Cubase.
    Graduated to Cubase 4 and my last version which I still use and happy with is Cubase 6. That's all I need for the remainder of my recording home studio days.

A year or so ago I bought a new Desktop dedicated solely to my DAW but I bought it with Windows 7 installed because I love the familiarity and workflow of it. Migrating all my stuff over was a nightmare and a few really old VST's didn't work very well, might be cause I installed 64bit version. Went ahead and upgraded to Komplete 11 with an external hard drive and we're good to go.
    I share my monitor, keyboard and mouse with my internet desktop and have a little do dad thingy that allows me to switch back and forth using one monitor, wireless keyboard and mouse.
    My first version of Cubase was on an Atari, I think it was version 3.1. That was I think somewhere in 1993.