Page 52 of 54 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354 LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 1339

Thread: Magma news

Quote Originally Posted by alucard View Post
    New vinyls have become quite expensive...35 to 40 Euros is
    unfortunately kind of the standard nowadays
    Another reason to stick with CD's.

^^^ Not necessarily. The Who’s Next 50th anniversary package (all of 10 CDs) is selling for 300 euros on Amazon sites. That’s 30 euros per CD (and I suspect the manufacturing cost of a CD is a fraction of its vinyl equivalent).

As with sales of concert tickets, I reckon the record companies generally are pushing up prices to find out how much consumers are prepared to spend. We won't get fooled again?
    We walked arm in arm with madness, and every little breeze whispered of the secret love we had for our disease

Quote Originally Posted by Munster View Post
    ^^^ Not necessarily. The Who’s Next 50th anniversary package (all of 10 CDs) is selling for 300 euros on Amazon sites. That’s 30 euros per CD (and I suspect the manufacturing cost of a CD is a fraction of its vinyl equivalent).

As with sales of concert tickets, I reckon the record companies generally are pushing up prices to find out how much consumers are prepared to spend. We won't get fooled again?
    I'm defenitly not going for that The Who set either. But in general vinyl-albums are more expensive than CDs. And yes I know it's manufacturing costs, but I don't see much adventage in a vinyl album over a CD.

Quote Originally Posted by Rarebird View Post
    I'm defenitly not going for that The Who set either. But in general vinyl-albums are more expensive than CDs. And yes I know it's manufacturing costs, but I don't see much adventage in a vinyl album over a CD.
    You are into vinyle or you aren't quite binary...I buy CD's out of neccessity for the music ...I buy vinyle for the pleasure...new record Shop around the corner...chequed the entire collection had a nice chat with the owner about Zappa, Wings and the Blue and Red Beatles compilation went home with Birds of Fire by Mahavishnu (which I am quite sure I have already)Mr Gone by Weather Report (not my favorite WR but I love the cover) and Wings over America all near-mint...I really don't like CDs as an object....
    Dieter Moebius : "Art people like things they don’t understand!"

Kind of tempted but this costs 250 euros in Finland so I probably will pass.
    My progressive music site: https://pienemmatpurot.com/ Reviews in English: https://pienemmatpurot.com/in-english/

I would say 85% of my vinyl collection are used LPS that I started buying in the 80s in high school....most of them I didn't pay over $10 US for, and some were like $3 or 4. Most are still in amazing condition.

I appreciate the novelty of that boxset but I already have 4 versions of MDK on vinyl somehow
    Critter Jams "album of the week" blog: http://critterjams.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    I would say 85% of my vinyl collection are used LPS that I started buying in the 80s in high school....most of them I didn't pay over $10 US for, and some were like $3 or 4. Most are still in amazing condition.
    I still have my old vinyls and I'm not going to sell them.

I still have my old vinyls and I'm not going to sell them.
    I still have a couple hundred vinyl, including some odd bootlegs and rarities, but I'd sell them. For the right price, that is. I could use the shelf space.....
    Cobra handling and cocaine use are a bad mix.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturgeon's Lawyer View Post
    I still have a couple hundred vinyl, including some odd bootlegs and rarities, but I'd sell them. For the right price, that is. I could use the shelf space.....
    No, the only vinyl I would like to sell is my dad's collection of traditional jazz.

A lady who lives in the appartmentbuilding where I live, collects vinyl. When I saw her last time, she had bought some Genesis (The lamb).

i'll pass... especially that MDK is hardly my preferred one, nowadays (it was my first acuisition, though)

Quote Originally Posted by flytomars View Post
    And I see that what I saw is on YT:

Cruelty towards kids??

having all of them wearing black (except for the fat one on the left) seem very sectarian too, right?
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    having all of them wearing black (except for the fat one on the left) seem very sectarian too, right?
    Nah, uniforms (often robes) are pretty standard for children's choirs. At least they don't have Magma logos on 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturgeon's Lawyer View Post
    Nah, uniforms (often robes) are pretty standard for children's choirs. At least they don't have Magma logos on 'em.
    That would be much better.

Speaking of MDK, check out the version here- it is burning!

And this new find from Offering:

Last edited by Dana5140; 08-21-2023 at 07:23 AM.
    I'm not lazy. I just work so fast I'm always done.

That Theusz Haamtaak ain't half bad neither!

It is that!

Hey, catch this demo work on Nau Ektilah- fascinating to hear this early-stage of the composition:

I'm not lazy. I just work so fast I'm always done.

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dana5140 View Post
    Speaking of MDK, check out the version here- it is burning!

And this new find from Offering:

Its the biggest crime against humanity that there isn't more 76 Magma available.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Vander dixit :
    "I'm getting ready for our show Une histoire de Mëkanïk.
    The first part of the show will feature Simon [Goubert] and myself playing [MDK] on two grand pianos among our seven singers.
    On the second part, I will be back on drums to play the first two movements of the Theusz Hamtaahk trilogy, the one that led me to the MDK, followed by a complete version of Mëkanïk Dëstruktïw Kömmandöh with the whole electric band, the singers and the addition of a horn section.
    See you in Paris on October 7 and 8, Salle Peyel''.

Quote Originally Posted by unclemeat View Post
    Vander dixit :
    "On the second part, I will be back on drums to play the first two movements of the Theusz Hamtaahk trilogy, the one that led me to the MDK...'.
    I guess this means some sort of medley of TH/WI rather than the whole movements? And will we get MDK twice in its entirety, once as piano/voices and another played by the full band?

Good news about the horn section!
    Calyx (Canterbury Scene) - http://www.calyx-canterbury.fr
    Legends In Their Own Lunchtime (blog) - https://canterburyscene.wordpress.com/
    My latest books : "Yes" (2017) - https://lemotetlereste.com/musiques/yes/ + "L'Ecole de Canterbury" (2016) - http://lemotetlereste.com/musiques/lecoledecanterbury/ + "King Crimson" (2012/updated 2018) - http://lemotetlereste.com/musiques/kingcrimson/
    Canterbury & prog interviews - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdf...IUPxUMA/videos

Quote Originally Posted by calyx View Post
    I guess this means some sort of medley of TH/WI rather than the whole movements? And will we get MDK twice in its entirety, once as piano/voices and another played by the full band?
    Probably, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobo Chang Ba View Post
    Its the biggest crime against humanity that there isn't more 76 Magma available.
    Sweet Lord, that Theusz Hamtaak ending slays all sorts of Kobaïan goblins

That's gonna be one really long show!
    Am psyched abou the horn section.

Interesting. Funny thing, today there was a piece on the last concert by Ben Webster in my newspaper, who parted from the audience with the words: ‘You are young and growing. I am old and going. So have your fun while you can.’

Erroneously saying that Stella is Christian's wife instead of ex, but still a good interview overall.