Page 134 of 195 FirstFirst ... 3484124130131132133134135136137138144184 ... LastLast
Results 3,326 to 3,350 of 4858

Thread: New Releases Only

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Monet View Post
    The fourth album of Canterbury-based folk-rockers Green Diesel
    Band name sounds like an oxymoron or new strain of weed

my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    Sounds good.I want this.
    "please do not understand me too quickly"-andre gide

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Monet View Post
    Actually, "Solar Flash" mostly sounds like an atmospheric and clever fusion music that draws influences from the heritage of the early 70's 'progressive' music movement. The multi-national line-up consists of Israeli drummer Asaf Sirkis who is also the composer of all songs, English keyboardist Gary Husband, Scottish bassist Kevin Glasgow and the U.S. born English guitarist Mark Wingfield; that charismatic and beautifully haunting vocal of Polish singer Sylwia Bialas applies as an additional instrument that matches perfectly with overall cosmic atmosphere of this excellent album. "Solar Flash" has been in the making for the last two years. They created some wonderful spacey soundscapes and therefore "Solar Flash" is a highly appropriate record to everyone who loves the 70s-like 'progressive' jazz-fusion.

On the Bandcamp page, there's a quote from "Dr. Bill Bruford." What is his PhD in? Or is he an MD? Or is he just a Doctor of Prog (and Jazz)?

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Released today

Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    On the Bandcamp page, there's a quote from "Dr. Bill Bruford." What is his PhD in? Or is he an MD? Or is he just a Doctor of Prog (and Jazz)?
    From Wiki: "In 2016, after four years of study, Bruford earned a PhD in Music at the University of Surrey." I hadn't been aware of this, kind of cool!

Bill

New from Willam Parker.Mayan Space Station.Parker on doublebass, Ava Mendoza on elec. guitar, Gerald Cleaver on drums.Ordered from Wayside.

https://williamparker.bandcamp.com/a...-space-station
    "please do not understand me too quickly"-andre gide

Banned
    A very relaxed, reverberating and airy atmosphere, consisting primarily of floating guitar, soaring synthesizers and ethereal female-vocal interludes, adorn the new CD of this five-member British space-rock ensemble. Outstation remain within the genre framework and have delivered a quite spacey, spherical and stimulating music. And as is the case with the space-rock genre, not too much is happening, but the music glides forward voluminously and hypnotically, cosmic-psychedelic and spherical-mysterious. Howling electric guitars work their way forward, the synth sounds lush, the bass and drums create impulsive, leisurely space-rock patterns. Amanda Sanderson's singing is rather good. A quite nice space-rock comes out of the speakers, which in its slightly pulpy and roaring-rocking power is reminiscent of various Hawkwind' songs.
    Although the range of variation in the space-rock music has never been particularly one of the features of the genre that is actually based on awesome repetitive e-guitar riffs, on "Malevolent Energy" there are really changes, as there are some pleasant, soft and melodic parts where the sax gently solos and flute plays very tame, but everything remain rather cosmic and ethereal. Indeed, a lovely record that can be warmly recommended not only for the space-rock freaks.

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sputnik View Post
    From Wiki: "In 2016, after four years of study, Bruford earned a PhD in Music at the University of Surrey." I hadn't been aware of this, kind of cool!

Bill
    IIRC, his thesis was published as a book for the world at large.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Craig Fortnam (North Sea Radio Orchestra / Arch Garrison) has a solo album coming out in July

Thanks for posting this. I wasn't familiar with Craig Fortnam's work and really love this. Ordered the CD. (Too expensive to get the vinyl shipped to the US!)

Check out North Sea Radio Orchestra and Arch Garrison
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Michael P Dawson's Rat's Alley: https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com/

Banned
    Newly signed to Bad Omen Records, Birth is an extremely promising new band from California. The self-titled debut EP offers some appealing, apparently genre-defining Progressive rock. Keyboards contributions are lush and serve here as a creative extension for excellent and clever guitar solos. Very nice vocals, to these ears somewhere between Mont Campbell and David Byron. Overall, the music that is delivered here is exhausting, cruel, bizarre, neurotic, surreal, insane, twisted, aloof, pretentious, in short: great. But also entertaining, funny, amazing, uplifting, amusing, in short: brilliant. For me, "Birth" is one of the most worthwhile and encouraging debut EPs that I know. Remember this band.

^ Astra connections, and I agree, outstanding music.

This may well end up my favorite release of the year

Ian

Banned
    The really big train seems to have reached its home station. On "Common Ground", Big Big Train are once again operating at a high level. Wonderfully relaxed, 'symphonic' music echoes from the speakers. Big Big Train is again becoming increasingly clear with its own style. The songs are full of lovely details, hidden gimmicks and clever twists and turns. Colourful and dreamily instrumental passages with rich instrumentation and powerful melodies should delight every devotee of English noble, symphonic-soulful Prog Rock songs. Musical thirst for adventure tends shall to be satisfied here. If you like to enjoy the wonderful flow of music, just let Big Big Train to take you into some other worlds.

The Far Cry album If Only (go listen on Spotify). Neo-Prog. Good musicianship. Songs are well-written although lots of repetitions. Lyrics are sometimes a bit cringey but OK.

I should like this more than I do. Why am I bored?
    Mongrel dog soils actor's feet

Track from a new album by The Hideous Goblink, called Regal Worm: https://www.normanrecords.com/record...ideous-goblink

The guy behind The Hideous Goblink is Jarrod Gosling, who is one half of the excellent duo Cobalt Chapel.

Quote Originally Posted by per anporth View Post
    Track from a new album by The Hideous Goblink, called Regal Worm:
    Regal Worm is the artist name.
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx

^ Unfortunately, it won't appear on Bandcamp until later in the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Triscuits View Post
    Regal Worm is the artist name.
    Oops! - thanks for setting my original post the right way around!

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    ^ Unfortunately, it won't appear on Bandcamp until later in the year.
    I'm hoping it will have lots of the grungy old psychedelic organ sounds that drench the best of the Cobalt Chapel choons.

Quote Originally Posted by per anporth View Post
    Needs Adrian Belew playing a feedback solo.
    Mongrel dog soils actor's feet

Banned
    Fragile have been the Yes tribute band from Germany that had toured the UK & Europe in various line-ups for the past 20 years before they started to create their own songs. This is their second album and Fragile show again what great musicians they all are. "Beyond" is a quite nice album in its bombastic exuberance, with a lot of Yes' delicacy. In my humble opinion, this record belongs to the better ones regarding the prog-rock releases from the current year and definitely should be a worthwhile purchase for someone who likes the Yes' style of Symphonic rock.