Page 28 of 195 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878128 ... LastLast

Thread: New Releases Only

Quote Originally Posted by Haruspex Carnage View Post
    Cool! Anything along the lines of The Cardinal and I?..they sure went out on I think one of the best songs they've ever written last time.
    No, it's a different beast from the equally great windows album, but there's one song in particular that rivals that one IMO, for different reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by zombywoof View Post
    No, it's a different beast from the equally great windows album, but there's one song in particular that rivals that one IMO, for different reasons.
    Looking forward.

Grice: Alexandrine
    Second album from this band with amongst others Steve Jansen, Richard Barbieri, 05Ric, Al Swainger, Luca Calabrese, Matt Calder and BJ Cole.

Quote Originally Posted by interbellum View Post
    Grice: Alexandrine
    Second album from this band with amongst others Steve Jansen, Richard Barbieri, 05Ric, Al Swainger, Luca Calabrese, Matt Calder and BJ Cole.
    Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Or mine to be specific. This is great stuff!

More recent stuff from Steve Jansen on KOI by Lorenzo Feliciati and on "Lumen", previously known as "Live At The Milky Way" by Jansen and Barbieri (with Mick Karn and Steven Wilson).

Quote Originally Posted by interbellum View Post
    More recent stuff from Steve Jansen on KOI by Lorenzo Feliciati and on "Lumen", previously known as "Live At The Milky Way" by Jansen and Barbieri (with Mick Karn and Steven Wilson).
    Thank you as well. I'll have look those up. A few months ago I picked up "Slope" by Jansen. Three disc set from Burning Shed. Good stuff on that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Balrog666 View Post
    Thank you as well. I'll have look those up. A few months ago I picked up "Slope" by Jansen. Three disc set from Burning Shed. Good stuff on that too.
    Yes, that's a beautiful set, although I already had the original CD and the live-DVD, The Occurrence Of Slope.

Here's another recent collaboration from Jansen: Vault Of Blossomed Ropes

^ Nice stuff. I see it's download or cdr only. No biggy for me. Reminds me a bit of Loscil in parts. Fan of Loscil so that's a good thing. Thanks!

Yay! Interpose+ lives! I’ve been getting quite a lot of mileage out of their debut. I guess they suffered a bit of a bump in the road when some of their members split off to form TEE, but I saw that their website was still active and they were playing live shows recently. It seems Panky from Ars Nova is their new bass player. Which makes sense, since it seems Sayuri sang live with Ars Nova a few times.
    Confirmed Bachelors: the dramedy hit of 1883...

Arcane-Known/Learned... epic epic epic. Can't wait for new Caligula's Horse, this will launch them into stratosphere.

Quote Originally Posted by sergio View Post
    Arcane-Known/Learned... epic epic epic. Can't wait for new Caligula's Horse, this will launch them into stratosphere.
    Agreed on both. The new BTBAM arrived today in my mailbox. This is fantastic. Their best yet? I'm thinking a resounding yes!! Imho...

Stu Hamm - The Book Of Lies
    Alain Caron - In Concert DVD
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Agreed on both. The new BTBAM arrived today in my mailbox. This is fantastic. Their best yet? I'm thinking a resounding yes!! Imho...
    BTBAM... care to explain what this is? am I missing something

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    KIYO - SEN : Duology
    whats this like Ed?
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

Quote Originally Posted by R_burke View Post
    This is indeed very nice, but for me there comes a saturation point with John Zorn's recent music. The beautiful Marc Ribot four minute two chord guitar solos all start running into each other in my mind. I'll wait for Secret Chiefs 3 to rearrange his music again.
    The Culture Cafe, Sundays 6-9am on WWUH-FM
    Broadcasting from the University of Hartford, CT at 91.3FM, streaming at www.wwuh.streamrewind.com and at www.wwuh.org

Quote Originally Posted by sergio View Post
    BTBAM... care to explain what this is? am I missing something
    You are missing something and yes I will explain. The band is Between the Buried and Me. According to PA they fall in the sub-genre of Tech/Extreme Prog Metal. Their latest release, which came out last Friday, is called "Coma Ecliptic". This is their eighth album. "Colors," "The Great Misdirect," "The Parallax II: Future Sequence," and this new one are my favorites. Since you haven't heard them before, I would recommend starting with the new release. This one, imho, covers all of their sounds and carefully placed them in a brilliant way, all in one album. Hope you give them a shot. I can't stop listening to "Coma Ecliptic". And no, I'm not on the advertising team. Just a simple old guy who still loves prog in most of it's sub-genres. I hope I'm not too
    bias.
    Last edited by Balrog666; 07-14-2015 at 02:48 PM.

You are missing something and yes I will explain. The band is Between the Buried and Me. According to PA they fall in the sub-genre of Tech/Extreme Prog Metal. Their latest release, which came out last Friday, is called "Coma Ecliptic". This is their eighth album. "Colors," "The Great Misdirect," "The Parallax II: Future Sequence," and this new one are my favorites. Since you haven't heard them before, I would recommend starting with the new release. This one, imho, covers all of their sounds and carefully placed them in a brilliant way, all in one album. Hope you give them a shot. I can't stop listening to "Coma Ecliptic". And no, I'm not on the advertising team. Just a simple old guy who still loves prog in most of it's sub-genres. I hope I'm too much bias.
    I honestly am struggling with this album like Parallax II.

There are nice moments, but it seems like they don't come often enough or the transitions from song to song, or section of songs just doesn't work all that well.

However, I have come to believe this is how they are and want to write, and so I don't fault them for that. But I just wonder if I'll ever get attached to another one of their albums again. Really since Colors.

Quote Originally Posted by mnprogger View Post
    I honestly am struggling with this album like Parallax II.

There are nice moments, but it seems like they don't come often enough or the transitions from song to song, or section of songs just doesn't work all that well.

However, I have come to believe this is how they are and want to write, and so I don't fault them for that. But I just wonder if I'll ever get attached to another one of their albums again. Really since Colors.
    I understand what you mean. It took awhile for me to get into this band many moons ago. But something finally clicked you might say and have been on board since. I started with Alaska when it first came out about ten years ago. I can't believe it's been that long ago. However, I get it. They're not for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by MYSTERIOUS TRAVELLER View Post
    whats this like Ed?
    I asked this too, because I like their previous album. The answer can be found in post #664 :-)

Reminds me a bit of Niacin.

Quote Originally Posted by adewolf View Post
    Reminds me a bit of Niacin.
    And a jazz version of ELP.

Stu Hamm Band - The Book Of Lies
    Alain Caron Band - In Concert DVD

I've been reading reviews of a new Corvus Stone disc coming out...

Don't know when but this is one I'm looking forward too..
    Enjoy the moment... It's the only way to fly!