Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can - Future Days

Quote Originally Posted by JAMOOL View Post
    Kanye West sampled "Sing Swan Song" which was....odd. I do find it amusing that Kanye not only sampled a Can song, but a rather obscure one at that.

As for Future Days - totally classic - I put it along with La Dusseldorf's s/t and Cluster's Soweisoso as albums that are very relaxing and unique, that still sound modern today
    "Sing Swan Song" became "Drunken Hot Girls". Thanks a lot Kanye! /sarcasm

Estimated Prophet notallwhowander's Avatar
    I started with Ege Bamyasi and didn't really get it. I'm with it now, but I understand the perplexity. However, if you can appreciate what Tago Mago has to offer, you should be able to groove along with Ege....

However, even if Ege Bamyasi still leave your scalp itchy, do get a hold of Future Days. It's a different enough animal to be appreciated on its own merits.
    Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world.

Got on the bandwagon when Babaluma came out- It was voted highly by Melody Maker and NME (Can had three LP's on 'The NME Hot Sixty' of '74). Those who were already hip to them told me to get Tago Mago and Egi Bamyasi (I have two versions of Tago Mago with different covers). - I still need Monster Movie on vinyl!

For some reason Future Days, while readily available on domestic vinyl, was one I underplayed. Maybe I thought it was too tame! Getting the imports of the early Amon Duul II and Can records was my gateway to 'Krautrock' which was a term I did not use. I played Babaluma and Amon Duul's Wolf City TOO DEATH!

It will be a real treat to pull out Future Days as an old-timer and appreciate its softer side. Just found a sealed Italian import of Future which I may put up for sale on Amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    These exact three are the "sacred" ones AFAIC, although I like Monster Movie and Babaluma as well. There are some really good parts on both Dealy 1968 and Unlimited Edition too.
    Pretty much agreed, though I run hot and cold on TM (I usually skip “Aumgn” altogether) and I didn’t like Delay 1968 at all.
    Confirmed Bachelors: the dramedy hit of 1883...

Bought this today. Looking forward to it. In the meantime, I'm giving Ege Bamyasi another spin and it's awesome!