Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Bob Drake - Lawn Ornaments

Well, this was a charming way to start the day today. Thanks Bob.

https://bdstudio.bandcamp.com/album/...osa-the-single

Quote Originally Posted by jamesmanzi View Post
    Well, this was a charming way to start the day today. Thanks Bob.

https://bdstudio.bandcamp.com/album/...osa-the-single
    OH man these are great! I love this direction, which seems to continue on the motorways of Bob's Drive-In and Lawn Ornaments, yet definitely taking some new and unexplored side roads. Love the artwork as well. Color me autobought.

Oh man, awesome! I'm gonna check these out today at work.

Love the artwork.

Finally got Lawn Ornaments in the mail, and listening to it for the first time now.

Edit: After one listen, this is definitely one of the most interesting CDs I've listened to in a long time. So many cool ideas come at you in such a short time, it leaves your head spinning. This is one densely packed pop confection that will take some time to digest, but I'm looking forward to it.
    Last edited by aith01; 09-07-2016 at 12:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    This is one densely packed pop confection that will take some time to digest, but I'm looking forward to it.
    The working title for Lawn Ornaments was The Overproduced Album, so that could explain some of its deliberate density.
    Very happy to know you are enjoying it!

Bob
    www.bdrak.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Drake View Post
    The working title for Lawn Ornaments was The Overproduced Album, so that could explain some of its deliberate density.
    Very happy to know you are enjoying it!

Bob
    www.bdrak.com
    Well, that does explain a lot. And I like the density, so no complaints there.

Some of the melodies are just so infectious, like in "Perpetual Lamps" and "Agents of Decay". I find myself hitting the repeat button over and over with several of these songs.

Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    Well, that does explain a lot. And I like the density, so no complaints there.

Some of the melodies are just so infectious, like in "Perpetual Lamps" and "Agents of Decay". I find myself hitting the repeat button over and over with several of these songs.
    Oh man this makes me happy. Actually probably makes Bob even happier.

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    Oh man this makes me happy. Actually probably makes Bob even happier.
    It makes me happy too.

I suppose initially I felt some frustration that the songs weren't longer and didn't repeat those catchy moments more often. But then I realized that I can just hit the Repeat button to play them again, and that their "bite-sized" duration makes it even easier to just listen over and over. So really, I was just being daft.

One of the things in life that I enjoy most is getting to hear music that is truly different or unique. The experience on offer here with Lawn Ornaments is well worth the price of admission. I definitely want to explore further.
    Last edited by aith01; 09-09-2016 at 01:05 AM.