Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: King Crimson 2014 Setlist SPOILERS

I believe it's spam.

And, like, actually SPAM and not like internet spam, though it's on the internet and it's SPAM so it's technically internet spam, but I don't feel spammed.

Also, spam.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Marsh View Post
    Verizon Hall has multiple levels all with good sound.

Hopefully the first level off the floor won't be as expensive....but wtf, I can't miss this.
    Philly tix on sale 6/6

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    In this clearer image you can see the band member names associated with the elements.
    I'd see Fripp more as Arsenic and Lake as Lead ou Quicksilver (Mercury) elements in this Mendeleev element table
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

I'm looking at 4 prog band concerts in 2014: 2/14-Zappa Plays Zappa,8/23-Yes,10/4-King Crimson,Dec.7-Steve Hackett Whoooo-Hoooo!

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    I'd see Fripp more as Arsenic and Lake as Lead ou Quicksilver (Mercury) elements in this Mendeleev element table
    All irregularities will be handled by the forces controlling each dimension. Transuranic heavy elements may not be used where there is life. Medium atomic weights are available: Gold, Lead, Copper, Jet, Diamond, Radium, Sapphire, Silver and Steel. Sapphire and Steel have been assigned.

Henry
    Where Are They Now? Yes news: http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wh_now.htm
    Blogdegezou, the accompanying blog: http://bondegezou.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Rand Kelly View Post
    I'm looking at 4 prog band concerts in 2014: 2/14-Zappa Plays Zappa,8/23-Yes,10/4-King Crimson,Dec.7-Steve Hackett Whoooo-Hoooo!
    Will be amusing if the only one of those to feature any new material is the Yes show.

Henry

Kristi
    I find it interesting that the radio spot over on the other KC dedicated thread plays nothing of the Belew era KC. I wonder who made the decision to incude only that era (I mean, yeah, Belew is not in this line up, but he was a part of KC for many, many years) and if that means that is only what they are playing? Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by kristi View Post
    I find it interesting that the radio spot over on the other KC dedicated thread plays nothing of the Belew era KC. I wonder who made the decision to incude only that era (I mean, yeah, Belew is not in this line up, but he was a part of KC for many, many years) and if that means that is only what they are playing? Just a thought.
    Belew said that Fripp said to him that he's out of the band because they're focusing on the '70s material.

Henry

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    "CRIMSON" for Boston

Now that we can start **UNREALISTICALLY DREAMING** and keeping vocals in mind here's what would kill me/IF they were Rush (in terms of at least a little bit from every album):

Soundscapes
    Scarcity of Miracles
    The Other Man
    The Light Of Day
    Level 5
    PTB II
    CoL
    B'Boom-->THRAK
    Improv I
    LTIA III
    Sartori In Tangier
    Requiem (drummer improvs)
    Discipline
    Sheltering Sky
    Improv II
    One More Red Nightmare (drummer improvs)
    Starless
    Fallen Angel
    The Great Deceiver
    Fracture
    Book Of Saturday
    Talking Drum-->LTIA II
    Cirkus
    Islands
    Sailor's Tale
    Improv III
    Pictures of An Indian City
    Devil's Triangle
    In The Court Of The Crimson King
    Epitaph
    21st Century Schizoid Man
    Last edited by Haruspex Carnage; 06-05-2014 at 05:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rand Kelly View Post
    Since we're nearing the half-way point of the year, Concerts thus-far for me:

Animals as Leaders (a few months back)
    Steve Hackett 3/31
    The Musical Box 7/24
    YES 7/30
    Queensryche 8/17

A very Proggy year so far.....a shame that Crimson are not coming even CLOSE to Atlanta.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersonic Scientist View Post
    The Musical Box 7/24

Yeah, that's the one I want to go to if I could unload the ticket I bought for the ATL show on 7.26. Just trying to keep that bear poked in every thread I can . . .

I'm in for the Friday SF show. Got 5th row center!

Total charge: $144.00
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

In for Friday SF show as well, but the cheap seats...Row G, lower balcony--Rapidfirerob and I will be starving ourselves of oxygen to hear the Crimsonoid menace.

He, for the first time, me, for the second.....last seen at the Pier in NYC, 3oaPP tour.....

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)

Steve Hackett 3/31
    The Musical Box 7/24
    YES 7/30
    Queensryche 8/17

A very Proggy year so far.....a shame that Crimson are not coming even CLOSE to Atlanta.
    Beyond Yes in July, I have Crimson, Hackett and Holdsworth in September, then Bryan Ferry in November!

2 shows in Chicago and 1 in Madison but 0 in Minneapolis? wtf

Quote Originally Posted by wideopenears View Post
    In for Friday SF show as well, but the cheap seats...Row G, lower balcony--Rapidfirerob and I will be starving ourselves of oxygen to hear the Crimsonoid menace.

He, for the first time, me, for the second.....last seen at the Pier in NYC, 3oaPP tour.....
    Right on every count. Should be an AOK concert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone catching the SF show Friday night, up for a Meet-up and a Beer or two? I work in the city, not far from the Warfield.....PM me if you'd like and we can pick a meeting spot. I'm open for suggestions, too....gotta catch some dinner, as well.

Steve Hackett 3/31
    The Musical Box 7/24
    YES 7/30
    Queensryche 8/17

I've seen Yes (3 Albums tour), Crimson ProjeKct (all the Crimson I'll be getting to see this year, I expect) and Firefly Burning. Looking forward to Dylan Howe later in the year. May go see Holly Johnson...

Henry

Very confused about Madison seating. Reserved seats but they do not show a row or seat. Just that you have a reserved balcony seat or a reserved main floor section 1,2,3, or 4 seat.

Quote Originally Posted by StrandedinIowa View Post
    Very confused about Madison seating. Reserved seats but they do not show a row or seat. Just that you have a reserved balcony seat or a reserved main floor section 1,2,3, or 4 seat.
    I initially thought the same thing, but when I pulled the trigger and they accepted & acknowledged my order, specific seats magically appear. I'm very happy with the seats we got ($99 each thru Ticketbastard), but I started ordering online at exactly 10:00, and for not being in on the presale, I'm happy.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Got mine for Boston at $89 a piece in presale, very happy with what I have to be happy with.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

If they are focusing on 70s era, who is playing mellotron?
    Mellotron was one of my favorite members on the 70s era.
    I'm glad they are focusing on the 70s too, I thought the Belew era had run it's course.

Quote Originally Posted by The Czar View Post
    If they are focusing on 70s era, who is playing mellotron?
    Adverts state "past, present & future". Fripp would play mellotron; but me thinks the sounds will be recreated by him on his guitar through his Solar Voyager or by Collins on sax/flutes etc.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

I think the Mellotron duties could go a couple of different ways.

Fripp handles them with soundscapes is, I think, the obvious choice. Listen to something like "Thrush" during Gunn's solo, and he's basically playing the role of a Mellotron.

Real keys? A few options (besides Fripp). Jakko or Collins, flipping much like Fripp and Collins/Cross used to. Or Rieflin plays keys (which he might do if they played something like "Happy Family" anyway). How many songs are going to need three drummers?