Thread: NEKTAR - LIVE AT THE PATRIOTS THEATER

NEKTAR - LIVE AT THE PATRIOTS THEATER

I was sent a notice of a new release from NEKTAR. On one site it's listed as being released on July 1st. Another site has April 1st as the date it was released.

Cleopatra is the label. It's a 2-CD set.

The cover is a photo of the group when they were resurrected. The song sequence looks the same as the NEKTAR Live 2002 release.

Mick, what say you?
    I've got a bike you can ride it if you like

Seems like a rerelease to me. I don't think they've played the Patriots Theater since the reunion.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Looks like the same Nearfest gig, with the original Nektar line-up.
    .... all recorded June 29th 2002, as per the Classic Rock release.
    It seems that Cleopatra now wants a piece of our reunion action too....
    I'll let you know if any shekels ever reach any of the USA participants... lol.

On Tuesday (5/27) Cleopatra released a 3 CD set of Remember the Future with a 3D cover... the 2 other CDs are vague (studio recordings, likely the unidentified flying abstract etc.)
    Last edited by Mick; 05-30-2014 at 08:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    On Tuesday (5/27) Cleopatra released a 3 CD set of Remember the Future with a 3D cover... the 2 other CDs are vague (studio recordings, likely the unidentified flying abstract etc.)
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Thanks Ron.... As a persona non grata, I never see any of this re-re-released stuff.

Since 2013 Belle Antique (?) has been re-releasing the entire catalog.

Mick, seeing you were part of that performance, do you collect any royalties from sales?
    I've got a bike you can ride it if you like

Royalties??? That would be what's left for "Nektar" (the "band" and the "composers") after everyone else takes out their expenses for advertising, pressings, artwork, packaging, tours, advances etc.?
    In a nutshell Casey.... er.... NO.
    Up to 1978 my royalty shares went back into the show... since then, the credit names were changed and new deals were made.
    Then in 2003, "Nektar" went from the five of us to four, then to two... Roye & Ron.
    I've yet to see (or hear) a copy of any subsequent Cleopatra re-releases.... however, I was certainly involved with everything written between 1970 & 1977, in either the theme, titles, story, words or overall idea, which was why our original vinyl releases were all "written by Nektar"... together.
    Last edited by Mick; 06-06-2014 at 11:19 AM.