Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Help with a band Name

Quote Originally Posted by Classic Progressive View Post
    ---edit--

I am trying to figure out how this conversation went from a rib-shot wink-wink response of you calling that list of prog songs "dance-oriented" as you did before you edited your OP ( I even included winky and smiley emoticons in my response to it to let all readers know it was light-hearted) to this stupid musician's penis-contest exchange.....and its not just you: I seem to have trouble talking to a lot of people on this particular messageboard without somebody getting defensive and their panties-in-a-wad.......

Best of luck to you

Quote Originally Posted by battema View Post
    Classic Jurassic
    If they're a dance band, how about Classic Gyrassic?
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by klothos View Post
    I seem to have trouble talking to a lot of people on this particular messageboard without somebody getting defensive and their panties-in-a-wad.......

Best of luck to you
    It's not just you or this forum. It's people in general. Nuanced discussion is quite difficult in public forums. Too many black-and-white thinkers who can't see the subtleties of the world around them.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by arabicadabra View Post
    All my band names get rejected usually, but here goes:
    Mongolian Yak Spleen
    Macho Nazi and the Buttersluts
    The Doorbell Went BONG
    I've always wanted to use Kitty Goes Plop.

I am trying to figure out how this conversation went from a rib-shot wink-wink response of you calling that list of prog songs "dance-oriented" as you did before you edited your OP ( I even included winky and smiley emoticons in my response to it to let all readers know it was light-hearted) to this stupid musician's penis-contest exchange.....and its not just you: I seem to have trouble talking to a lot of people on this particular messageboard without somebody getting defensive and their panties-in-a-wad.......

Best of luck to you

Wow, I can't help you. Really. And your right..... "None" of the music I have on that short list is Dance music...especially In A Gadda Da Vida. I should never bother to have any opinion on my own band nor my little thread. And its not you.... No...its not what people type... It's the nuances that matter. The World is wrong. Not you. What is it you want from me exactly... ? Read your posts from the beginning and then mine. You are a negative energy kinda guy. I just don't need it. but I'd gladly just give you what you want to go play in someone else's sandbox. Do you want some marbles?

Let me try again.... I am trying to form a cool band with some fun music. Its got some crossover prog in it. Its a gallant effort to try and make these days. I was wondering if anyone had any clever band name ideas for this crazy band.

Not sure how this is different from my OP....? Don't think I will change it. Perhaps you could start from here. Now should I put a cute face here? I don't see the point. I would expect to get away with saying something in a direct way to someone by adding a little face so I can get away with any direct meaning or any rebuttal to it. Booo Hooo he ignored my smile face. I told him his opinions about the music he is playing are all wrong and he said I was wrong... He's horrible.. Horrible.

"IPood" what is that exactly....?
    Last edited by Classic Progressive; 04-18-2014 at 11:44 AM.
    Of course, not being of the daily persuasion in this opinion laden public prog bathhouse, my diatribe of recent lucubration is perhaps as welcome as a rats teat. One often is forced to weigh the desire to flash judgment within against the effort required as well as the value this knowledge will be to the greater good of all mankind or whatever inhabits the current spa. At best, its a slippery slope.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Sloppy Seconds
    And Ed takes the Gold
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

Sloppy Seconds Out

Quote Originally Posted by trurl View Post
    I've always wanted to use Kitty Goes Plop.
    Yes well, thanks for these. I have some good ideas now... Thanks for the help... Great work.... I'll just close the old creaky door on my way out. Very nice...! Come Patsy....
    Of course, not being of the daily persuasion in this opinion laden public prog bathhouse, my diatribe of recent lucubration is perhaps as welcome as a rats teat. One often is forced to weigh the desire to flash judgment within against the effort required as well as the value this knowledge will be to the greater good of all mankind or whatever inhabits the current spa. At best, its a slippery slope.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    In other words, proto-prog a.k.a. progressive underground, I feel ya brother! Throw in some early Sabbath, Wishbone Ash, Spirit, Canned Heat, Traffic, Edgar Broughton, Gun, Hawkwind, Blodwyn Pig.
    Yep, Wishbone Ash has some great stuff... Have not gone through their work yet.... And Low Spark Is On The List... kinda slow... but we have it on the "to Look at List" Always liked "Fairies Wear Boots"

Let me try again.... I am trying to form a cool band with some fun music. Its got some crossover prog in it. Its a gallant effort to try and make these days. I was wondering if anyone had any clever band name ideas for this crazy band.
    This is a lot different that your edited OP which said that list of prog-tunes was dance-oriented. My response was a humorous response addressing a list of prog-tunes as dance-oriented. A sense of humor is required.

"IPood" what is that exactly....?
    it was my attempt at throwing a band name in the hat. It was a humorous response - like "Classic Jurassic". A sense of humor is required.

Best of luck to you
    I felt bad that perhaps I missed something so I read your note again...... I did not understand what you meant by "Changed Your OP" But since there is an accusation here (once again Black and White... There's no Nuance I am missing right?) I looked at my OP again and The term "Dance Oriented" is still in my original post. ?? What exactly are you trying to say I did to you again? I just am not sure what it is I did or said that triggered all this.

Hope this helps... and All the Best To You as well.

Randy

This is a lot different that your edited OP which said that list of prog-tunes was dance-oriented. My response was a humorous response addressing a list of prog-tunes as dance-oriented. A sense of humor is required.

it was my attempt at throwing a band name in the hat. It was a humorous response - like "Classic Jurassic". A sense of humor is required.
    Wow... OK. I'll work on this. But since I did not edit my original post. I am not sure what I can do to help.

iPood... OK I'm getting it... In fact it keeps getting funnier and fuinnier ever single time I see it.

I give up

For what its worth, I sincerely wish you the best of luck on your new band, firing up the Leslie and packing the floor with prog tunes ---- Ive never heard or seen it done before but Im sure there is a first time for everything

Yes well, thanks for these. I have some good ideas now... Thanks for the help... Great work.... I'll just close the old creaky door on my way out. Very nice...! Come Patsy....
    Well, I admit it might not quite be the sort of thing you're looking for I do like that name though for a kind of RIO band. I really do think Flonkus would fit though. I proposed Pablo Flonkus Fair (sort of a play on a line from Benefit Of Mr. Kite) as the name of our last album but somehow Ode To Echo won out *roll eyes*. I get to name the next one.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    I guess you weren't here when that vid of the hot chick stripping to "Roundabout" was posted.
    He wasn't... and that's a shame because it's off The Web now. She was no genius (air-guitaring to the keyboard riffs), but she did a better interpretive dance to Roundabout than was previously imaginable, was a cutie with an awesome bod and for a twenty-something chick, had surprisingly good taste in stripper music. I think I was briefly in love with her.

I give up

For what its worth, I sincerely wish you the best of luck on your new band, firing up the Leslie and packing the floor with prog tunes ---- Ive never heard or seen it done before but Im sure there is a first time for everything
    Gowd... Hi again... You gave up? OK, I am sorry to hear that. What was the point of all this again...? I hate to give up on you but if there is no point then theres no point right? And as for well wishes, I wish you all the best with your prog show as well.

"SO NOT PROG"

"Pseudoprogosaurus"
    "Proggy in my Pants"
    "Dance Bitches"
    "Put on yer Prog Pants Patrick We're Goin Dancin"

Well, I admit it might not quite be the sort of thing you're looking for I do like that name though for a kind of RIO band. I really do think Flonkus would fit though. I proposed Pablo Flonkus Fair (sort of a play on a line from Benefit Of Mr. Kite) as the name of our last album but somehow Ode To Echo won out *roll eyes*. I get to name the next one.
    Yes Flonkus might fit but it will be lost on most of the crowd of "Five" or "Six" that we willl get to show up.
    Last edited by Classic Progressive; 04-18-2014 at 01:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by No Pride View Post
    He wasn't... and that's a shame because it's off The Web now. She was no genius (air-guitaring to the keyboard riffs), but she did a better interpretive dance to Roundabout than was previously imaginable, was a cutie with an awesome bod and for a twenty-something chick, had surprisingly good taste in stripper music. I think I was briefly in love with her.
    Couple a chicks like this and we really could start adding some Prog to the lists. Humm... seems like pennies on the dollar to hire some dance club girls to show up at a show. Brilliant marketing strategy...! I'll see what we got in the hat at the next meeting.
    Don't worry about the names everyone..... You helped us a great deal with everything...!

Sloppy Seconds Out
    Then you'd have to put a drop cloth on the stage.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Yes Flonkus might fit but it will be lost on most of the crowd of "Five" or "Six" that we willl get to show up.
    It is the artists responsibility to lead, not follow. You must make them inquire, and ultimately, to understand.

That stripper girl had a blog, she's out there somewhere. I don't know what it was or I'd share it.

Seriously, I'm all married and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    I guess you weren't here when that vid of the hot chick stripping to "Roundabout" was posted.
    Here is a picture of her, but the video has been deleted. Don't open at work, around small children, or with Scott standing behind you.

http://cdn.plaintube.com/hcd/240x180...F53F53222C.jpg
    Last edited by Shadow; 04-18-2014 at 07:06 PM.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Here is a picture of her, but the video has been deleted. Don't open at work, around small children, or with Scott standing behind you.

http://cdn.plaintube.com/hcd/240x180...F53F53222C.jpg
    Says the guy who spent the time to try to find the link.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

So where's the hat that's passing ?? I'm ready to throw down..!!

Quote Originally Posted by beano View Post
    So where's the hat that's passing ?? I'm ready to throw down..!!
    We need to find an agent that will go this far for us.... I swear its brilliant. Nothing like nude women to sell stuff. Sorry ladies... ya know its true. IN fact since this is a prog fan site.. If any of you women care to, I think you could help save prog! If an audience knew there was going to be a "flash mob flashing" at prog shows... This market would gain new interest.

Anyway, its all to funny.. But I am desperate so as funny as it is... there will be a hat passed. Its the best idea I've heard yet...!

We'll name the band..

"Bare Naked Ladies" ohh wait...