Page 47 of 60 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 1476

Thread: Post something cool

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Man View Post
    Although I disagree somewhat with Duran Duran not being "rock" (new wave was a kind of rock, no?) this is a pretty interesting list regardless. https://planetradio.co.uk/planet-roc...-after-movies/
    The "All The Fine Young Cannibals" poster that they claim is Robert Wagner and Natalie Wood actually has George Hamilton on it.

If "Soft Rock" was rock, then I suppose New Wave qualifies.

Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    Very cool.. thanks for posting.

Working miniature V8 kit engine

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    The "All The Fine Young Cannibals" poster that they claim is Robert Wagner and Natalie Wood actually has George Hamilton on it.

If "Soft Rock" was rock, then I suppose New Wave qualifies.
    Well, if they couldn't identify who was on the poster then how can we expect them to think of Duran Duran as a kind of rock band. Answer: We can't.

To be fair new wave is often thought of as it's own category in the same way that Alternative and Heavy Metal (or these days just "metal") are.
    Do not suffer through the game of chance that plays....always doors to lock away your dreams (To Be Over)

That purple halter top ... those bright red pants ... some things cannot be unseen.
    Cobra handling and cocaine use are a bad mix.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturgeon's Lawyer View Post
    That purple halter top ... those bright red pants ... some things cannot be unseen.
    But a Rickenbacker bass.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    I just realized that there are a lot of late-period Queen videos I'd never seen. This one is really fun to watch - I'd heard about it, and probably most of you have seen it, but here it is:

This guy’s YouTube Channel deals mostly with Tinnitus masking sounds and other sounds based on the frequencies of the colour spectrum. Videos typically last exactly 10 hours - so this is short by his standards. He was/is a sound engineer more used to recording symphony orchestras but he does have many other fish to fry - this being only one of them.

That is one of the coolest things I have seen/heard on this thread.

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    We're trying to build a monument to show that we were here
    It won't be visible through the air
    And there won't be any shade to cool the monument to prove that we were here. - Gene Parsons, 1973

This is pretty fascinating to me. I can remember playing this game in the bars.

Tonight I’m throwing my guitars out with the garbage….what’s the point….

Yeah, Tommy Emmanuel is pretty much a guitar wizard. And that Arkhipovskiy guy is no slouch on his balalaika, either.

When tempo somehow ends up being faster than needs to be(happens sometimes when Live), some segments just don't work out unfortunately (2:26-2:31, even though 2:21-2:26 was fine). I'll need to listen to that whole vid some other time, because looks like a fun performance.

As contrast to TE's fingerstyle-guitar videos, which are often high-tempo,there's the great fingerstyle-guitar playing from Ed Gerhard who often plays low-tempo but really amazing in detail and touch and precision etc.Besides a track called Tennessee, I think he had also recorded Tennessee Waltz but I couldn't find it on youtube now, so maybe his that one recording I'm thinking of was a different song. But that one recording from him, along with many Christmas tracks he recorded, are great recordings. The skill and style and approach in his fingerstyle playing is something I haven't heard in other fingerstyle-guitar players, so to me he sounds really unique in that sense.

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    We're trying to build a monument to show that we were here
    It won't be visible through the air
    And there won't be any shade to cool the monument to prove that we were here. - Gene Parsons, 1973

My latest painting. I call this one "Trickle Down Happiness" and it was done using watercolors and ink. Enjoy the festivities! (William Renfro-2023)

happiness3.jpg
    "The Bill of Rights says nothing about the freedom of hearing. This, of course, takes a lot of the fun out of the freedom of speech." - Pat Paulsen

My Art- http://www.facebook.com/williamallenrenfro -My Life

Quote Originally Posted by Koreabruce View Post
    Working miniature V8 kit engine

When I was about 14 I put together a Revell Visible V8 model, which was "working" in the sense that all the parts moved when you cranked it. Not that you could actually run it; it was all clear plastic.

After I got it together, I was so excited to see it moving that I cranked it before the glue had finished setting up. I ended up with a big-ass pile of gooey plastic parts, and had to throw the whole thing away.

The metal one looks a lot cooler.

Quote Originally Posted by rcarlberg View Post
    When I was about 14 I put together a Revell Visible V8 model, which was "working" in the sense that all the parts moved when you cranked it. Not that you could actually run it; it was all clear plastic.

After I got it together, I was so excited to see it moving that I cranked it before the glue had finished setting up. I ended up with a big-ass pile of gooey plastic parts, and had to throw the whole thing away.

The metal one looks a lot cooler.
    I need an extra life and an extra wallet to do all those cool things.

Incredibly emotional rendition at George Jones funeral- try not to get a lump in your throat. The guitar solo was ad-libbed..perfection!