Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shocking News: Wayne Gardner from Magellan(RIP)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rand Kelly View Post
    You wrote Hundred Year Floor twice in the post JIF. I too love Impending Ascension the best. Some of these new songs with members of Chicago have been corkers. Wayne was an awesome musician and will be missed.
    I was merely clarifying, because one of the posts that I quoted mentioned many works of Magellan. Btw, was that really that right time to put that out? This should be about Wayne, not about me writing something twice.

Terrible news, loved his playing on many albums, Impending, Test, 100 year all great records. Trent was the mastermind but Wayne brought the power and fire to the band with his heavy style of guitar. He will be missed, condolences to Trent and his entire family.

Jon Neudorf
    Absolutely terrible news. My heartfelt condolences go out to Trent's and Wayne's families and all those who knew Wayne. RIP.

Regards,
    Jon
    Last edited by jlneudorf; 02-13-2014 at 03:58 PM.

Jazz/RIO/Electronic Fan
    This is dreadful. My love for Magellan goes back to the early 2000s when I discovered the magnificent Impending Ascension album. I have two other Magellan albums and will definitely be completing the rest of the catalog. May Wayne rest in peace, and may his and Trent's families find peace during this difficult time for them.

Quote Originally Posted by JIF View Post
    I was merely clarifying, because one of the posts that I quoted mentioned many works of Magellan. Btw, was that really that right time to put that out? This should be about Wayne, not about me writing something twice.
    Sorry.

Really sad news. They were one of the first prog bands I discovered outside of "The Big 5" and I always felt like no one really paid much attention to them. This is a bummer.

Quote Originally Posted by zombywoof View Post
    Really sad news. They were one of the first prog bands I discovered outside of "The Big 5" and I always felt like no one really paid much attention to them. This is a bummer.
    I think it hurt them that they never played live. There was finally some talk of a tour at some point back in the 00's, but I can't remember if any shows actually happened.

Quote Originally Posted by zeprogmeister View Post
    New message up from Trent with more info:

http://www.magellansongs.com/
    Lovely, heartfelt tribute, thanks for posting the link. The fact that Wayne was suffering from brain tumors sheds light on his decision, but makes it no less sad. Condolences to his family.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    How is Trent working with Chicago creepy?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    How is Trent working with Chicago creepy?
    Wayne committed suicide by shooting himself. Original Chicago guitarist Terry Kath did the same thing.

Wayne committed suicide by shooting himself. Original Chicago guitarist Terry Kath did the same thing.
    There's a big difference though. Terry Kath was holding what he believed was an unloaded gun. He actually spun the whatever that spinning thing is called and said to his friends, "look it's not loaded" Then he put the gun to his temple and squeezed the trigger. The gun went off because he forgot there was a bullet in the chamber. That is an accident. A careless accident,but he didn't commit suicide like Wayne Gardner did.

I was checking all the Magellan songs that would make a good tribute to Wayne. I came up with this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...LOo-vy-PA0#t=4

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rand Kelly View Post
    There's a big difference though. Terry Kath was holding what he believed was an unloaded gun. He actually spun the whatever that spinning thing is called and said to his friends, "look it's not loaded" Then he put the gun to his temple and squeezed the trigger. The gun went off because he forgot there was a bullet in the chamber. That is an accident. A careless accident,but he didn't commit suicide like Wayne Gardner did.
    You do have to wonder what kind of state Terry was in the first place to be playing with a gun like that(regardless if he thought it was empty or not). I remember watching Chicago's Behind The Music, and Terry band mates and widow were saying that Terry would always say that he would not live past the age of thirty.

You do have to wonder what kind of state Terry was in the first place to be playing with a gun like that(regardless if he thought it was empty or not). I remember watching Chicago's Behind The Music, and Terry band mates and widow were saying that Terry would always say that he would not live past the age of thirty.
    But Judy Kath also said that Terry was in love with her and life and never once said he wanted to die. He just did something stupid and paid the ultimate price. But this thread is for Wayne Gardner. I just heard my friend's prog radio show on facebook and she played Songsmith because I asked her to. Btw, that show is really good everybody and she is about to or may have already joined us here at PE. If you want to hear it go to www.progrock.com and click Discovering Prog In High Heels. Episode #16 and you can download the podcast too. N.P. King Crimson-One More Red Nightmare. She is always making fantastic song lists. She is Jennifer George from Texas.

Hmm, just read Terry's blog, that was tough. Migraines are hell, and I can't imagine what his must have been like. Very sad indeed.