Thread: Torrent Sites??

Torrent Sites??

Any other good one besides Dime???

I don't bother with torrent sites. There are far too many other sources for lossless material that don't require registration or waiting and waiting and waiting for a slot to open. Yes, downloads can be slow. But, it's still better than the old days of driving across the state for a record show and paying a small fortune.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

The Traders Den
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

genesis-movement.org
    "Young man says you are what you eat, eat well."
    http://www.blissbomb.net/

Quote Originally Posted by Obscured View Post
    The Traders Den
    Yeah, that's my choice after Dime. I haven't been on either for quite a while because I've gotten most of the live music I need and those two provided the majority of it. Genesis Movement is a great site as well.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

For Pink Floyd - yeeshkul.com
    They have a decent other artists thread there which now has quite a few nice Marillion shows.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Where would one go for IQ boots? I have a slew of 'em on cassettes that I can't even play anymore. I had once been steered to the Collected Underground Yahoo group but it doesn't appear to be active any more.
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulrus View Post
    Where would one go for IQ boots? I have a slew of 'em on cassettes that I can't even play anymore. I had once been steered to the Collected Underground Yahoo group but it doesn't appear to be active any more.
    IQ shows up from time to time on Dimeadozen. I've gotten a few shows there.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Kickass Torrents

Dime is the best for all non-officially released recordings that artists have not blocked (by implication, tolerate).

I may be wrong, but all others are by definition the opposite in philosophy, that they torrent officially released material against the artists express wishes. The largest public trackers (Pirate Bay, Demonoid, and many others) have some good quality material (that is, secure lossless rips), but they mostly cater for the MP3-type listener, and many of these trackers are subject to bans and DDoS attacks.

If your Russian is up-to-scratch, then RUTracker could be an option.

There are numerous private community trackers out there for music, films and allsorts, but you know the first rule of 'Fight Club'?

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    archive.org--not a torrent site per se but lots of shows in lossless formats available for free and easy download (as Plasmatopia noted in a recent Flower Kings thread, there are 60 TFK shows up...)
    Last edited by rickawakeman; 02-04-2014 at 08:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Obscured View Post
    The Traders Den
    Ugh....Downloading seems impossible....

The only file I see to download a text file...HELP????(Traders Den)

Quote Originally Posted by progman1975 View Post
    The only file I see to download a text file...HELP????(Traders Den)
    Do you have Torrent software installed?
    You don't simply click and download.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BitTorrent
    Have a read.
    I use uTorrent:
    http://www.utorrent.com/

Ahhh..like iTunes....is there a way to burn it to disc???

Quote Originally Posted by progman1975 View Post
    Ahhh..like iTunes....is there a way to burn it to disc???
    Yes just import it to iTunes and burn from there. You have to convert the flac files to wav first then inport to iTunes. And you need burning software of course!

Hondo is correct. Once flac files convert to wav you can burn on just about anything. iTunes will want to convert 'em again but Winamp, Windows Media Player, ImgBurn, Roxio, CDBurner XP will all burn from wav. Heck, some will even burn from flac. NEVER convert from FLAC to MP3.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    Hondo is correct. Once flac files convert to wav you can burn on just about anything. iTunes will want to convert 'em again but Winamp, Windows Media Player, ImgBurn, Roxio, CDBurner XP will all burn from wav. Heck, some will even burn from flac. NEVER convert from FLAC to MP3.
    I burn flac right to disc using Roxio. Some downloads are in a different form like shn, then I have a flac converter and run it through that and burn to disc. With Roxio you can download dvd's and burn them to disc also. I've gotten some great concerts off Dime.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    I burn flac right to disc using Roxio. Some downloads are in a different form like shn, then I have a flac converter and run it through that and burn to disc. With Roxio you can download dvd's and burn them to disc also. I've gotten some great concerts off Dime.
    Yep. Roxio Toast is great.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"