Thread: No Camel summer tour this year; new knee for Andy Latimer

No Camel summer tour this year; new knee for Andy Latimer

This was published at the Burg Herzberg Festival website earlier this week:

We are very sorry, that the Camel show has to be canceled! Below you can read the statement from the management. We will inform you about further bands for the festival next week and wish Andrew Latimer all the best!

"Unfortunately, we have had to make a very difficult decision about CAMEL performances beyond the upcoming, spring tour. Andrew Latimer has been scheduled for major surgery in April. He has been advised by his surgeons that he needs a full replacement of his left knee which will require a lengthy recovery and rehabilitation period. His doctors have instructed him to avoid all activities other than those prescribed and have suggested a "possible" return to work sometime in the early autumn. This prognosis, however, is entirely dependent on the success of the operation and his subsequent therapy.
    Thus, as we cannot be 100% confident of the exact date he will be fit enough for the demands of performing, we think it prudent to cancel any further performance plans beyond the immediate tour starting 1st March 2014.
    I will, of course, keep you apprised of his progress. We are all very disappointed that we have had to stall the momentum CAMEL have been enjoying since their return to touring last year but it is imperative that Andrew focus on his recovery so we can look forward to future shows.
    Our sincere apologies for the inconveniences this may cause. It's just one of those things that are beyond control.

With very best regards,

Susan
    Susan Hoover
    Camel Productions UK Ltd
    http://www.camelproduction.com"

I'm six months down the road from having my right knee replaced, and the knee is still stiff. Plus the first month is very painful. But Andy is a trooper, and I'm sure that his cancer experience was much more of a challenge. Best of luck on having a speedy recovery, and hope to see the dromedary raise its head again in 2015!
    Day dawns dark...it now numbers infinity.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    No wonder he needs a new one!

Hope Andy gets better soon.
    flute juice

Bummer!

Didn't realize standing to play the guitar and sing was so tough on the old joints! Maybe if you're Mick Jagger ..... anyhoo, speedy recovery to a really terrific artist!