Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: echolyn New Album UPDATE from Brett Kull

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    This release will coincide with Rob and Chad's announcement that NEARfest Phoenix (as in rising from its ashes, not the city in AZ) will be headlined by....... Echolyn!

DISCLAIMER: This posts reflects the wishes of the poster only, and is not endorsed by NEARfest, nor its founders, in any way.
    Oh yeah!!!!! I 1st saw echolyn live at Nearfest - wouldn't that be great if it happened?
    echolynfan

Romans 8:28: "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."

Quote Originally Posted by Haruspex Carnage View Post
    i'll be honest...from the sound of their jamming it doesn't sound to be really there...but i felt the same when "Another Stone" was entitled "Hey Little Man" or something to that effect when the videos were circulating around the 2012 release...so, really, i hope to be as moved to tears and floored by the new one as i was then!

Also thank you for continuing and not relapsing into Tool-mode of 8 years, what a bunch of assclowns.
    What we've heard on the video will probably change so many times before the final cut - Another Stone IMO was one of the best they've done recently - I never tire of listening to it.
    echolynfan

Romans 8:28: "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."

i wish those bits in 9 came back at some point in it but it's another, always really, solid song for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by echolynfan View Post
    Oh yeah!!!!! I 1st saw echolyn live at Nearfest - wouldn't that be great if it happened?
    That would be outstanding! Not holding my breath though. My first Echolyn show was them opening for Dream Theater in 1995, one of the few shows they got to do during the ill-fated Sony deal. Became an instand fan, and it made me believe that maybe, just maybe there are a few bands out there still playing prog. I had no idea just how right I was! So Echolyn was the very start of my introduction to the massive prog underground, even if technically they were not underground for a brief time. And after all these years, they are still one of my favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by Amy View Post
    Look for exciting (and definitive) news very soon about live echolyn in the fall...:-)
    "ProgDay, ProgDay, ProgDay, ProgDay!" (*fingers crossed*)

Quote Originally Posted by zombywoof View Post
    "ProgDay, ProgDay, ProgDay, ProgDay!" (*fingers crossed*)
    couldn't agree more!