Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Your favorite Tangerine Dream albums?

I'd say tie for first place would be Phaedra and Zeit. After those, Rubycon, and then more from that era: Ricochet, Encore, etc.

So....for various reasons I'd been avoiding Quantum Gate, the last "proper" new album of music from the post-Froese TD (excluding the sessions and the TD play TD thingy). But this past week I finally gave in and ran through it.

This is a really really excellent Tangerine Dream album. Easily up there with the strongest material of the last two decades. Some of these tracks are so infectious and I'm frankly shocked at how much I want to keep going back and revisiting them. You can still hear the touches of Froese's DNA in some of the tracks but it's been expanded upon in ways the man never really did himself.

It's also, at least to my ears, a genuine group effort which is really nice. It's not a TQ track followed by a US track, then a EF track and so on...the songs clearly feature the signatures of all the players.

Anyway...anyone who is a fan but was indifferent about a post-Froese lineup might well come back around. Between this and the sessions, TD is riding a pretty serious high that would've seemed almost impossible 10 years ago. Kudos to the band for surprising us all.
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

Banned
    Phaedra

Rubycon

Stratosfear

Force Majeure

Quote Originally Posted by battema View Post
    So....for various reasons I'd been avoiding Quantum Gate, the last "proper" new album of music from the post-Froese TD (excluding the sessions and the TD play TD thingy). But this past week I finally gave in and ran through it.

This is a really really excellent Tangerine Dream album. Easily up there with the strongest material of the last two decades. Some of these tracks are so infectious and I'm frankly shocked at how much I want to keep going back and revisiting them. You can still hear the touches of Froese's DNA in some of the tracks but it's been expanded upon in ways the man never really did himself.

It's also, at least to my ears, a genuine group effort which is really nice. It's not a TQ track followed by a US track, then a EF track and so on...the songs clearly feature the signatures of all the players.

Anyway...anyone who is a fan but was indifferent about a post-Froese lineup might well come back around. Between this and the sessions, TD is riding a pretty serious high that would've seemed almost impossible 10 years ago. Kudos to the band for surprising us all.
    Okay, if YOU like it, then I have to get it!

Quote Originally Posted by SunRunner2 View Post
    Phaedra

Rubycon

Stratosfear

Force Majeure
    This.