Thread: One-Hit Wonder Super Bowl - Seattle VS. Denver

One-Hit Wonder Super Bowl - Seattle VS. Denver

This years Super Bowl features Seattle VS. Denver.

From Seattle, we have Sir-Mix-A-Lot and his song Baby Got Back. Mr. A-Lot is from Seattle and is a die hard Seahawks fan, so die hard his superstitious nature won't let him watch 'Hawks games live, as they tend to lose when he watches them.

In the other corner, from Denver, we have Tag Team's Whoomp! There It Is! These guys used to work at the old Mile High stadium as purveyors of soda.

I thought of putting up videos of the songs, but really, who want's to listen to tripe and if you don't know either of these "songs" then you are better off. If you really need to hear them you know where they can be found.

Cast your vote(early and often) for who wins the 1HW Super Bowl. Votes will be tallied and those who vote for the winning team will recieve three and a half gold stars. Those who vote for the loser will be mocked. Incessantly.

Your trivia quiz question answer of the day is these were released exactly one year apart, May 7, 1992 and 1993, respectively. BGB was number one song of the year and Whoomp! was #2 song of the next year.

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Mr A-Lot did have a few other minor hit videos, like Stick 'em on The Glass, an ode to the forward protruding affects of the female anatomy, so I'll go with him. Plus he had a local hit (Seattle Ain't Bullshit) whereby he does a sort roll call of the more bad-ass parts of Seattle... for reals (yeah, its that unintentionally funny).
    Compact Disk brought high fidelity to the masses and audiophiles will never forgive it for that

Um. I thought it was going to be Cirrus Bay (seattle) and Thinking Plague (denver). But that must have been a dream. (Although TP also includes Kimara, from the Seattle area.)

When did Thinking Plague have a hit? Did I miss that?

Dang... I was sure Seattle would have brought Chemical Clock, Bill Frisell, Agogic or Cuong Vu...they can't give the stage to that old Sux Dix Alot guy!

This story came from a Denver area newspaper. I know journalists get weird come Super Bowl time but this makes me wonder if there's something odd in the water supply there.

The place always annoyed me. Too many Bronco fans.

Quote Originally Posted by rcarlberg View Post
    When did Thinking Plague have a hit? Did I miss that?
    All of their songs are hits. Where have you been?

Seahawks fan here, so Mr. a-Lot for me.
    Progtopia is a podcast devoted to interviewing progressive rock, metal, and electronic artists from the past and present, featuring their songs and exclusive interviews. Artists interviewed on the show have included Steve Hackett, Sound of Contact, Larry Fast, Circus Maximus, Anubis Gate, Spock's Beard, and many more. http://progtopia.podomatic.com See you in a land called Progtopia!

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    One hit, and you wonder why you're watching.