Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Miles Davis - Bootleg Series #3: Miles at Fillmore (March 2014)

Correction--Jarrett's on organ.

Quote Originally Posted by wideopenears View Post

Man, Dave Holland sounds great on Electric Bass. .

Seconded.
    "please do not understand me too quickly"-andre gide

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar

Mine still hasn't arrived yet. WTF?!

Quote Originally Posted by Facelift View Post
    Mine still hasn't arrived yet. WTF?!
    Who'd you order from? Legacy sent me my finished copy within days of the street date (I was working with a white label advance prior to that).

Perhaps it's selling that well that they need to repress; that'd be something nice to hear, even though I'm sorry you still haven't got it.

When I did the Terje Rypdal Odyssey box liners, and ECM sent my copy, it never arrived; I let them know and was told that they were repressing as the first run had sold out (we're talking about in a couple weeks); while I was disappointed, man, was I happy to hear it!

I only hope the same thing happens when they put out the John Abercrombie box I wrote liners for last year that is now slated for a summer release...

I love to hear it when any jazz record sells well

Quote Originally Posted by jkelman View Post
    I only hope the same thing happens when they put out the John Abercrombie box I wrote liners for last year that is now slated for a summer release...
    What's going to be in that?

Quote Originally Posted by jkelman View Post
    Who'd you order from? Legacy sent me my finished copy within days of the street date (I was working with a white label advance prior to that).

Perhaps it's selling that well that they need to repress; that'd be something nice to hear, even though I'm sorry you still haven't got it.

When I did the Terje Rypdal Odyssey box liners, and ECM sent my copy, it never arrived; I let them know and was told that they were repressing as the first run had sold out (we're talking about in a couple weeks); while I was disappointed, man, was I happy to hear it!

I love to hear it when any jazz record sells well

Pre-ordered from Amazon UK.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    I preordered from Amazon.co.uk and it arrived last Friday, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    I preordered from Amazon.co.uk and it arrived last Friday, I think.
    Well, I'm happy for you guys, but looks like there's an issue with mine.

A couple of months ago i ordered a cd from Amazon UK,after a couple of weeks,no cd.I contacted Amazon UK and they said to give it another week or so and if the cd didn't arrive to contact them.After another week and no cd i emailed Amazon UK and they sent a replacement via expedited post.I received it in four days(i'm in NYC).

Facelift,lets hope your Miles arrives soon but if it doesn't hopefully Amazon UK will do for you what it did for me.
    "please do not understand me too quickly"-andre gide

this is not about this record but a very interesting music lesson that distills the essence of Miles Davis elegant playing. FYI

http://www.mattwarnockguitar.com/con...jazz-guitarist

"
    During our time spent imitating Miles, the students had a group revelation about two of the most important tools in any improvisors bag, context and contrast.

Miles was a master of these two ideas. He could take the simplest idea, his Root-Fourth-Fifth motive at the start of his solo on “So What” for example, and build an amazing solo from a very simple starting point.

We observed this as a class in the opening bars of this solo, where Miles focuses on three “boring” notes, the Root, 4th and 5th of Dm7, before he hits us with what is normally a fairly conventional 6th and 7th (B and C) over that same Dm7 chord.

But, because we haven’t heard those notes before, and Miles has firmly grounded us in that Root, 4th, 5th sound, these two simple notes have an enormous impact on the listener.

This is the power of context and contrast."

Still nothing.

I didn't mention that my order read "dispatched" on March 22.

I reached out to Amazon UK today and they are mailing me a new one, indicating that perhaps this was lost in the mail. Very nice gesture by them - especially since, considering the international shipping, there are possibly numeous reasons why the delivery is delayed but may not be actually lost. I mean, maybe I'm on a list and the CIA is going through my international mail or something.

Anyway, I hope the next one gets here soon.