Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Daniel Gildenlow replaced by Ted Leonard on Transatlantic tour

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    As a guest, not as a contributing band member. "The band" is still the original four guys.
    This is interesting. Are we saying that Daniel sings on Kaleidoscope?

Sorry to hear about Daniel. Though, I am a big fan of Ted as well. Would love to see this tour, but no dates in the southern US. One of these days I want to travel to a date. Just can't afford at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    This is interesting. Are we saying that Daniel sings on Kaleidoscope?
    He sings on "Written In Your Heart", the 4th section of the opening epic, "Into The Blue". His exact credit is "special guest vocals".
    Calyx (Canterbury Scene) - http://www.calyx-canterbury.fr
    Legends In Their Own Lunchtime (blog) - https://canterburyscene.wordpress.com/
    My latest books : "Yes" (2017) - https://lemotetlereste.com/musiques/yes/ + "L'Ecole de Canterbury" (2016) - http://lemotetlereste.com/musiques/lecoledecanterbury/ + "King Crimson" (2012/updated 2018) - http://lemotetlereste.com/musiques/kingcrimson/
    Canterbury & prog interviews - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdf...IUPxUMA/videos

Jon Neudorf
    Daniel is an excellent singer and an incredibly talented musician. I look forward to hearing him on Kaleidoscope.

Regards,
    Jon

I'm disappointed about Gildenlow, he adds a lot to their performances. But I'm a huge fan of Ted Leonard, one of the best voices in prog IMO. And he does play some guitar, so I imagine the role will be similar.

Jon Neudorf
    Leonard is also excellent. He hits it out of the park on Thought Chambers' latest.

Regards,
    Jon

I don't like Gildenlow's music, but he has a great voice, and is a good musician. Leonard has a great voice too, and I like Enchant/Thought Chamber, but I feel DG's adds something more unique to the mix.

Quote Originally Posted by jlneudorf View Post
    Leonard is also excellent. He hits it out of the park on Thought Chambers' latest.

Regards,
    Jon
    Thank for mentioning this, I have not heard much talk of this album on PE. It's a very good follow-up to the first Thought Chamber, maybe better in some ways. And I think Leonard is utilized better on this one, I think he was more used to working with heavier material this time out.

From Daniel's Facebook page:

Endless thanks to you all for your love and support. I've had a hard week – had no idea last Friday when the back pain started that it would lead me here. I'm so glad that Johanna finally stopped trying to convince me to go to hospital and simply called Léo to take me there. Once I got there, bad turned to worse quickly, and the red swelling on my back started spreading up along my spine and to the sides – it seemed no morphine could stop the pain, which is the most excruciating one I've ever felt. They bombarded me with several wide spectrum antibiotics for almost a day until a surgeon finally cut me open (I welcomed it regardless of what they'd find, as long as it meant they would put me under for a while). She cut away a section of tissue that had been attacked by group A streptococcus, stopping it from further progress. The danger seems to be over, and now I am I on my feet again, with a wound on my lower back that is kept open for "secondary healing" or whatever it's called. The coming days will determine whether I get a vac-pump mounted on my back or not. It really hurts that I'll miss the US leg of the Transatlantic tour, but my focus must be on my family and my healing now, day by day. Thanks for your support, and hope to see you on the road someday soon! Most of me will be there!
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Man, that sounds really rough.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Yanks2014 View Post
    Thank for mentioning this, I have not heard much talk of this album on PE. It's a very good follow-up to the first Thought Chamber, maybe better in some ways. And I think Leonard is utilized better on this one, I think he was more used to working with heavier material this time out.
    yeah, i was pleasantly surprised with this release. i did not spin the first release but a couple of times. but, being a fan of Ted, i picked up the second one as well. i have listened to this several times. just a fun listen. good mix of prog, metal, melody, vocals from Ted, sci fi, and some interesting guitar work. highly recommended. as you mentioned, i think Ted's vocals integrated better with the music this time.

in case you are not familiar with, the name is Psykerion. a sci fi prog metal concept album.

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    From Daniel's Facebook page:
    I feel bad for the guy, that had to be rough. And if he has to use the "vac pump" or "wound vac" as I've heard it called, that will be no picnic either. My mom had one of those for an open wound on her knee this past year, very unpleasant device. But it seems the worst is over.

Jon Neudorf
    Thank goodness he seems to be over the worst of it. Scary stuff.

Regards,
    Jon

Let's not forget Daniel's ability to hit the high notes suited him well for singing the female part of Duel With The Devil.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama