Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Prog bands that debuted with a two-disc release

Quote Originally Posted by Progtopia View Post
    There's a German/Dutch band called Unwritten Pages whose debut was a double concept album called Noah Part 1.
    Did the ever do a Noah part 2?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    (about me mentioning Jeff Wayne's "War Of The Worlds" in this thread) Prog? That's a bit of a stretch.
    Well, what else is it? There are many elements that are generally considered being 'prog' on this album. And then there's a really progressive element: Wayne manages to mix disco rhythms with a symphonic rock sound in some of the tracks. Mixing diverse styles and create something new with it is what I call progressive. ...And he did it before Pink Floyd, Frank Zappa and Pain Of Salvation did the same.;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    Band? That's a even more of a stretch.
    OK, it's an artist. Other forum contributors have named solo artists before me, so why 'bash' me?;-) BUT, thinking about it while I type this: Wayne is touring for years with this album now and some of the original players are still with him on the road (the wonderful Herbie Flowers and Chris Spedding). And until recently, some original singers were involved, too (Justin Hayward and Chris Thompson). Compare that with the constant line-up changes in prog rock institutes like Yes or Jethro Tull.:-))

Burning Red Ivanhoe: M144 (2 LP, 1969, Denmark)

What kind of music was Madura?