Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Prog Magazine in the States

Thanks Dave, good to know.

Yeah, the Zappa issue is going to be a good one.

My local FYE carries Prog but last weekend they we're still displaying the Camel issue. I just subscribed with the publisher, has to be quicker delivery than what FYE delivers.

I buy most issues of Prog and I'm very glad it exists, but it's definitely too expensive for what it is. Maybe they feel they have to charge £7.99 to keep it afloat, but it should be £5.99 tops, and drop the unwieldy jacket covers. Shindig magazine is £4.95 and to me its content is richer and looks better too.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckie View Post
    I buy most issues of Prog and I'm very glad it exists, but it's definitely too expensive for what it is. Maybe they feel they have to charge £7.99 to keep it afloat, but it should be £5.99 tops, and drop the unwieldy jacket covers. Shindig magazine is £4.95 and to me its content is richer and looks better too.
    Personally I was glad for the jacket covers, since mail from the UK to Canada was proving to damage the magazines (the first couple of subscription issues were without it).
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Mine showed up yesterday.

I recently renewed my subscription... Cost $116.00 for 1 year.

I ordered just the Yes issue (I live in the states). Got it a couple days ago. I had actually forgotten about it. I get this package from France and I had to ask my wife if she had ordered me a Christmas present or something. LOL! Anyway, pretty good article, and there's a nifty poster and a compilation CD of some new prog bands.

The Zappa issue will land on the US shores around January 15 or so if they maintain the current timetable

Finally received my subscription issue.....now eagerly waiting the Zappa issue.

Picked up the new issue at B&N last night. But here's the thing, they didn't put it on the regular magazine rack, it was up front by the checkout counter display along with other popular magazines (Time, etc...). I have no idea how it got to be a featured product, but there it was, the YES CTTE logo right there where people line up to pay!

So, if you don't see it in the magazine rack, look up front!