Thread: Lorde sang Dio when she was 12. True or False?

Lorde sang Dio when she was 12. True or False?

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    From Wikipedia "Following the release of "Royals" in the United States in June 2013, 85,000 copies were sold during a single week in July. .... The song also peaked number 1 in the U.S. on the Billboard Hot 100"

Just goes to show how out of touch I am. I've never heard of this person or song.

My 11-year-old daughter absolutely LOVES this song.

EDIT: "Royals," that is.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

well that was wasted 10 seconds of my life...next

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    From Wikipedia "Following the release of "Royals" in the United States in June 2013, 85,000 copies were sold during a single week in July. .... The song also peaked number 1 in the U.S. on the Billboard Hot 100"

Just goes to show how out of touch I am. I've never heard of this person or song.

Haha met too! I had no idea.

Great. Miley, Gaga, and now Lorde... PE has come a long way.

Quote Originally Posted by Man In The Mountain View Post
    Great. Miley, Gaga, and now Lorde... PE has come a long way.
    I wouldn't expect PE to welcome any modern pop stars into the fray here. Some 'get it', others refuse to attempt. It does go both ways, for sure.

Lorde has just released a cover of "Everybody Wants To Rule The World", which will appear in the new Hunger Games flick. Tears For Fears approves of the cover (and the royalties won't suck)

What's a Lorde?

Quote Originally Posted by trurl View Post
    What's a Lorde?
    Another kid star, now 17 that somehow made it to #1 as easy as most of us make toast in the morning. My 11 year old daughter is into her single "Royals".

Last edited by Man In The Mountain; 11-21-2013 at 03:00 PM.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    I wouldn't expect PE to welcome any modern pop stars into the fray here. Some 'get it', others refuse to attempt. It does go both ways, for sure.
    Yeah, you're not open-minded if you never heard of something and once you do, it isn't your thing.

I'm not ashamed to admit that I think "Royals" is a cool song....or at the very least, it's quite an earworm.

I'd also make a comment about Lorde's looks, but she's only 17 so I don't want to appear creepy. *Being* creepy is one thing....appearing that way is another. :P

Yup, my newly nine year old told me who she was when she was eight and knows all the words. She gets annoyed when I ask her who is that when an unknown song to me plays on her station when we're in the car. Sadly, as a result, I have tried to educate some of my co-workers on these new or unknown artists. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by mitchgx View Post
    I'm not ashamed to admit that I think "Royals" is a cool song....or at the very least, it's quite an earworm.
    “Royals” actually is a good song. I’m glad for the new, more open pop charts. Sure, it means we get annoying jokey internet meme shit like “Gangnam Style” and “What Does The Fox Say?” But it also means there’s room for more than just hip-hop and dance-club songs. I can’t imagine something like “Royals” hitting the charts a decade or even five years ago, and I think it’s cool that young people like it. (Of course, me liking it will immediately make it uncool.)

-------------
    MIKE (a.k.a. "Progbear")

‘“What blow, Goblin?” said Corinius.’ --E. R. Eddison

N.P.:“Endless Hunting”-Leviathan/Bee Yourself

Never heard of her or "Royals" before. Nice catchy tune. I'm still unlikely to seek out popular music even though I can enjoy a little once in a while.
    <sig out of order>

Quote Originally Posted by Progbear View Post
    (Of course, me liking it will immediately make it uncool.)
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

I like the song as well. Great catchy hook and cool harmonies. Due to an extended commute I hear some Pop music and IMHO this tune stands out.
    Duncan's going to make a Horns Emoticon!!!