Thread: Nektar - Sunday at the or Live in New York....

Nektar - Sunday at the or Live in New York....

I need some live Nektar....Help me choose....

They are both really good, but if I had to choose one I would go with Sunday Night At London Roundhouse, but make sure if you choose that one that you get the remaster, it has the whole concert unlike the original release which is a combination of the show and some studio tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    They are both really good, but if I had to choose one I would go with Sunday Night At London Roundhouse, but make sure if you choose that one that you get the remaster, it has the whole concert unlike the original release which is a combination of the show and some studio tracks.
    +1
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

+2

SatR has the best version of RtF part1 I have heard and I have many

BG
    "When Yes appeared on stage, it was like, the gods appearing from the heavens, deigning to play in front of the people."

+3..
    Mainly because finding a copy of LiNY is difficult lately, wheras the Roundhouse re-remaster IS now available again.
    As Bobert said, make sure the Roundhouse is NOT the Bellaphon version, as only PART of the live gig is on that disc.
    Likewise with the early LiNY (1977 Bellaphon CD & vinyls), as only parts of the Academy gig are on it, wheras the 2005 remaster has 95% of the concert AND it's almost the correct playing order, beginning with Astral Man introduced by Alison Steele.
    An easy way to tell.... both of the remasters are DOUBLE CDs.
    Last edited by Mick; 10-29-2013 at 09:26 PM.

Mick, what 5% is missing?
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Nothing musically, just the power outage Ron, so you miss the abrupt silence and the restart announcement.
    Oh, and we actually played Fidgety Queen between RTF3 & D-KoT, not at the end of the show
    (I have the soundboard).

What about the 2 disc on A Tab....

Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    Nothing musically, just the power outage Ron, so you miss the abrupt silence and the restart announcement.
    Oh, and we actually played Fidgety Queen between RTF3 & D-KoT, not at the end of the show
    (I have the soundboard).
    Thanks, Mick. I suspected it was that or some banter. I didn't realize the order was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by progman1975 View Post
    What about the 2 disc on A Tab....
    What's your question? the two discs are different mixes, with the second being the later mix done for the US market in, I think, '76. For many, like me, that's the one we're familiar with. I actually prefer it, but others who first had the original mix prefer that. Each one has it's plusses and minuses.

No....I guess its just 1 disc..This is what Im talking about...
    http://www.amazon.com/Tab-Ocean-Nekt...eywords=nektar

Quote Originally Posted by progman1975 View Post
    No....I guess its just 1 disc..This is what Im talking about...
    http://www.amazon.com/Tab-Ocean-Nekt...eywords=nektar

Never saw that before, not only both mixes but some live stuff too. If I didn't own Tab that is the one I would buy. Though I am very happy with the remaster that has both studio mixes.

Interesting that Cleopatra is including the early live recordings.

Three versions of the entire Tab album (all on one disc) is a pretty good deal.
    Those 1971 live renditions also reveal the lyric changes & additions Mo & I made
    for the album.... so I'm happy with that.