Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Anthony Phillips thread

I'm waiting for The Golden Hour.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    A preview track:

Your interest in the podcast "Tabletop Genesis" may vary (mine does) but their new episode this week features a discussion about The Geese And The Ghost, including brand-new interview clips with Anthony offering lots of comments about the recording, and individual tracks.
    They also flew to Ant's house and interviewed him there some years back, that episode is still available.

Thanks for the heads-up. I thought Tabletop Genesis had folded a while back, but apparently, it had not. I'll check that out!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    A preview track:

Thank you !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Koreabruce View Post
    Thanks for the heads-up. I thought Tabletop Genesis had folded a while back, but apparently, it had not. I'll check that out!
    Sure! It seems like they only do an episode every few months. The fun seemed to go out of it when Simon Godfrey left.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by veteranof1000psychicwars View Post
    Sure! It seems like they only do an episode every few months. The fun seemed to go out of it when Simon Godfrey left.
    Gabriel's monthly releases of songs from i.o. and then that album's release has kept them on a regular monthly schedule for over a year now.

Another "single" from the forthcoming album,

Very nice! He never loses that delicate touch.

Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 4 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    What a great review; it is well-written, and has the informed and dare I say, loving perspective that an Ant fan often has. It whets my appetite for the package.
    Thank you!!

Nice!

Much of the fourth quarter of the album consists of rather short fragments or seemingly unfinished ideas, the kind which led to grumbling from some listeners the last time around.
    Which is somewhat odd since that's the defining characteristic of the series that led to its name.

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmotron View Post
    What a great review; it is well-written, and has the informed and dare I say, loving perspective that an Ant fan often has. It whets my appetite for the package.
    Thank you!!
    Thank you! I look forward to your own comments when the time comes.

Nice!

Which is somewhat odd since that's the defining characteristic of the series that led to its name.
    Good point! But you know how people are... I loved City of Dreams, myself.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 4 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Ha!
    Somehow I didn't realize that you were the author of the review.

Annoyingly, http://anthonyphillips.co.uk/ says
    We've now heard that the first pressing of the new album Private Parts & Pieces XII: The Golden Hour has sold out - many thanks to everyone who has bought a copy. An update will be posted here when a second pressing is available.
    and although I ordered my copy 3 or 4 weeks ago, I still haven't gotten any shipping notice or date estimate from Amazon.

Annoyingly, http://anthonyphillips.co.uk/ says and although I ordered my copy 3 or 4 weeks ago, I still haven't gotten any shipping notice or date estimate from Amazon.
    Ditto. Order placed in late March but no shipping info yet. So perhaps this lack of info is normal.

If that's the way they're going to be, screw it.

I cancelled it and ordered a copy from eBay, and I got a ship date.
    In the meantime I can listen to it on Amazon Music because the wife insists that we subscribe so she can ask Alexa to play her favorite tunes.

Because of this concern I checked my email; I found there were TWO emails—with different order numbers—from my one order. They both had some weird text and costs saying that there was an error at the order but it was manually corrected. So I contacted them and they replied that the order HAD NOT been received by distribution but that she corrected that. So does that mean I am good, or does that mean that I am now in line for the second batch?

Naturally, I am frustrated. If I missed out on a Steely Dan or genesis CD I would not worry, but ANT? Mr. Low Production/Out of Print?? Ah…no!

Well, I am lucky…the wonderful LUCY at their offices replied back quickly and cheerfully that I squeaked by and should be getting a First Batch copy.

Naturally, I couldn’t resist showing my appreciation by quoting “Lucy Will” to her.

From Ant's official site:

"The new album Private Parts & Pieces XII: The Golden Hour has entered two of the charts for 7th to 13th June published by the Official Charts Company.

In the Official Independent Breakers Chart (which lists the UK's biggest independently-released albums not yet in the Top 40) it is a new entry at number twelve whilst it also appears as a new entry in the Official Rock and Metal Albums chart at number 24.

This is Ant's best chart position to date as recorded by the Official Charts Company and in the Rock and Metal Albums chart is one place higher than Strings of Light achieved upon release in 2019.

Many thanks to everyone who has bought a copy of the album and helped Ant achieve these chart positions."

If that's the way they're going to be, screw it.

I cancelled it and ordered a copy from eBay, and I got a ship date.
    In the meantime I can listen to it on Amazon Music because the wife insists that we subscribe so she can ask Alexa to play her favorite tunes.
    I resisted the temptation to listen on the Amazon stream and waited for the CD to arrive. I'm on my 2nd time through and currently feel that it's a contender for the upper tier of PP&P releases. We'll see if it holds up over time.