Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The furthest you've travelled to see a band ?

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Modry Effekt View Post
    And Progeezer,if he was there,probably only one at Woodstock and Soleil Zeuhl.
    He skipped SZ, though there was a fair North American representation, at least 6 of us.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    He skipped SZ, though there was a fair North American representation, at least 6 of us.
    Concrats and respect you be one them.Progeezer will be there next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    Mmmmhhh!!!... UI suppose Steve and I shouldbe honoured that you came to see us in A'dam, even if it was not to interview us...
    That is a very different situation. Meeting people i know from prog ears is something else. I love hanging out with people from prog ears and willing to travel to do so. Besides, concerts are in the evening, which means I need to leave in time, to catch the public transport.
    I've done interviews in Wuppertal, when I was in Cologne. And I've visited a Hoelderlin rehearsal in Cologne, when I was in Cologne.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    At least or close to 10, I would say
    Deb and her NF friend, Steve and his wife, Bolik (ok North Am), you, at leasdt three other guys

Quote Originally Posted by Rarebird View Post
    That is a very different situation. Meeting people i know from prog ears is something else. I love hanging out with people from prog ears and willing to travel to do so.
    I was just kidding (pulling your leg), Renate
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post

I was just kidding (pulling your leg), Renate
    I know and I'm always honored if people want to hang out with me.

Wheeling, West Virginia to North Carolina - 9 hours (which turned into 11) to get to ProgDay 2013.
    Last edited by zombywoof; 10-26-2013 at 02:40 PM.

Baltimore to Loreley Germany to see Eloy at Night of the Prog. Worth the trip right there.

Enjoyed every band except Anthema.
    JG

"MARKLAR!"

Drove Tampa to Nearfest 2009 to see the Steve Hillage Band and Gong. Continued to Buffalo for the rest of my vacation ... and saw VDGG again!!

Gas -- $$$
    Patron tickets -- $$$
    The Concerts -- Priceless!!

Saturn to see Hatfield & The North.

They weren't there.

And when the LSD wore off, neither was I...

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    NYC to Minehead, England for Marillion Weekend 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by bill g View Post
    Saturn to see Hatfield & The North.

They weren't there.

And when the LSD wore off, neither was I...
    What about Sun Ra? Did you see him while you were there? He is from Saturn, you know.

About 40 years and a million miles since I first wanted to see Olivia Newton-John when I was seven or eight and we were driving through Portugal and we passed by a small theater with her name on the marquee saying she was going to play the following night. Damn!

Flash forward 39-40 years and hundreds of concerts and shows later and I take my wife and kid, ( my best-friend gave his daughter Olivia as a middle name) sending roses backstage of course to the second girl/woman I fell in love with, to finally see and hear her, my favorite singer of all time, perform live. It was a very enjoyable show for me and well worth the wait. I'd still leave my wife for her. LOL