Thread: Little Atlas-Automatic Day

Little Atlas-Automatic Day

Have we missed that one in 2013? The more I listen the more I enjoy (as usual), sounds grittier than Hollow which is a bonus as far as I'm concerned. And as soon as these guys go into 3/4 or 7/4, I'm starting to melt These are the moment of sheer buty! Bass lines are very Reingoldlike at times, wouldn't mind a bit more frett buzz in angrier moments and maybe fretless on quiter ones. A bit of past picking on solos would make guitar sing. But these are all minor aspects. Katsikas is so unique and recognisable. Brilliant. The last track Velocity is a bit odd, given the strength of the preceding numbers, but it's only very short and serves as an outro. So not to worry. What you think?

Going to see them tomorrow in Chicago. Haven't seen them since 2004 Rosfest and really looking forward to it. They are opening for District 97 with guest John Wetton. And besides being brilliant, Steve Katsikas is a genuine really nice guy. Love to see peeps like him garner some success. Oh yeah, I do like Automatic Day quite a bit. None of there releases fail but I really love the ideas behind Hollow.

A very fine album.

Np: Larry Coryell Barefoot Boy