Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: Beardfish anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    I don't really do FB, but might have to for these. Do you know if they are on YT also?
    I checked and do not see anything on youtube.

Just posted on FB, in case anyone still had doubts:

"We’re currently hard at work finishing our new album, which will be our ninth release 🤩

Tomorrow we’re playing Gefle Skivmässa, taking the ol’ Hammond B3 organ out for a spin and in just a few weeks we’re playing the We Låve Rock festival in Norway!!"
    Not just a Genesis fanboy.

Here you go, Frankie!

<sig out of order>

Profondo Giallo Crystal Plumage's Avatar
    Nice! Thanks!
    HuGo
    "Very, very nice," said a man in the crowd,
    When the golden voice appeared.
    She was gold alright, but then so is rust.
    "Such a shame about the beard."

Quote Originally Posted by Plasmatopia View Post
    Here you go, Frankie!
    Oh sweet! Cheers Guy

It looks like they're starting the build-up towards a new album: a 15th anniversary vinyl re-issue of Destined Solitaire has just been announced.

https://progreport.com/beardfish-re-...nsideoutmusic/

I've always hoped for a vinyl release of this particular album so my pre-order is in!
    Not just a Genesis fanboy.

^ Sweet. I really hope they also reissue Sane Day and/or possibly both Traffics on vinyl too. Or at least The Sane Day on cd again so folks who don't know it or own it can bask in its amazingness.

I think I’ve finally figured out why “Sane Day” doesn’t connect for me. I thought it was the lyrics, and they’re not always winners but also meh. I do like Sjoblom’s older, a little more gravelly voice, but the vox on the album are very good. I like the harder direction the band pushed into with Destined Solitaire, and it’s my favorite Beardfish album, but neither Sleeping album is particularly heavy. I’ve got not problem with those albums, so the same should apply to SD.

I think I’ve finally landed on blaming the mix on Sane Day for my inability to connect with it. There is little in the way of dynamics, the vox feel disconnected from the band and too far front, and the rhythm section is too far back.

When I saw the Destined Soliraire vinyl over at Laser’s Edge, I was hoping there might be some new sound investment. DS sounds fine in my book, but Sane Day needs a new mix. If DS gets reissued with a new sound, I say to myself, than surely SD would follow.

Am I crazy on this one, or did I finally land on something that explains why I just don’t dig this album?
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.