Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: John Wetton Tours US w/District 97 Featuring Music of King Crimson-Video Preview

Quote Originally Posted by noisynoise View Post
    I'll be at the Arlington show along with three friends. I hope we get to hear D97 songs as well?

-noisynoise
    Yes, most definitely! We'll be opening the show with a set (sans John) of just D97 material. The 2nd set will feature the Crimson stuff and 1 or 2 more D97 songs. See ya there.!

I am looking forward to seeing the show in Cleveland. I hope we get a decent size group to show up since it is Monday night......and why is it so hard to get anyone out of their living room anymore????

Dena

Nowhere near one of your shows, but it looks like a decent tour. And the video is great! Great playing and JW just sounds better and better doesn't he?

I hope this tour makes some new D97 fans.

The Milwaukee show Jonathan. You can turn your amps up to eleven at the Shank.
    The older I get, the better I was.

The Iridium has confirmed a live stream of John with the Les Paul Trio on Monday, October 14th. Nothing (yet?) about the D97 gig.
    http://theiridium.com/iridiumlive/
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Is there any chance John Wetton will show up at the last US Steve Hackett show in collingswood after the Nj prog house show. District 97 plays at 500pm and Colligswood is only one and hours away in South Jersey.
    Marltonfan

Quote Originally Posted by marltonfan View Post
    Is there any chance John Wetton will show up at the last US Steve Hackett show in collingswood after the Nj prog house show. District 97 plays at 500pm and Colligswood is only one and hours away in South Jersey.
    Marltonfan
    Considering what a whirlwind schedule we have (John doesn't get a single night off as he's playing 2 nights at The Iridium), I don't think it's likely.

That's ok, going to the Sellersville show, and very much looking forward to it.
    Marltonfan

That is a nice review. Congrats on the 'ink'.
    Can't wait for the Jammin Java show.
    mark
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Mark Twain

Just wanna mention we've got tour shirts in, designed by PE's own Martin Kornick and printed by Sean Tonar! Check them out:

1375667_10153284631565596_833660077_n.jpg
    1381964_10153284631160596_1714215021_n.jpg

Also, I just turned 30 on Monday, and Patrick will turn 29 on the October 6th, opening night. Come wish us a happy birthday in person!

See you in Sellersville!

I just saw the posted Syracuse date! Cool... Question for you: your site says 8 pm start and venue's site says 7 pm. Do you know what time you might actually hit the stage? My wife works late on Thursdays so I gotta feed the kids, get 'em into bed yadda yadda and then drive about an hour to get there. So I don't think I can get there before 9. Any chance there will be a bunch of unknown opening acts and you will go on much later than that? Thx if you have any info...

Quote Originally Posted by arturs View Post
    I just saw the posted Syracuse date! Cool... Question for you: your site says 8 pm start and venue's site says 7 pm. Do you know what time you might actually hit the stage? My wife works late on Thursdays so I gotta feed the kids, get 'em into bed yadda yadda and then drive about an hour to get there. So I don't think I can get there before 9. Any chance there will be a bunch of unknown opening acts and you will go on much later than that? Thx if you have any info...
    Yes, there will be an opener. I'm assuming doors are at 7 and music at 8, but contact the venue to be sure.
    Hope to see you there!

What time does the Milwaukee show start, and is there an opener?
    "Always ready with the ray of sunshine"

Quote Originally Posted by strawberrybrick View Post
    What time does the Milwaukee show start, and is there an opener?
    8. No opener.

Quote Originally Posted by District97 View Post
    8. No opener.
    You ARE opening for yourselves plus one, right, Jonathan?
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    You ARE opening for yourselves plus one, right, Jonathan?
    We do a just-D97 set to start the show, then a second set with John.

Quote Originally Posted by District97 View Post
    We do a just-D97 set to start the show, then a second set with John.
    NICE!

Wetton tweeted "we are doing a lot more old KC material this time" a few days ago. I wonder if they'll include EZ$ and or Catfood???
    Last edited by Akustika; 10-05-2013 at 01:31 PM. Reason: if

Quote Originally Posted by Akustika View Post
    Wetton tweeted "we are doing a lot more old KC material this time" a few days ago. I wonder if they'll include EZ$ and or Catfood???
    One of those may be on the agenda

Hours to go, very excited! See you all in Milwaukee!
    "Always ready with the ray of sunshine"

Quote Originally Posted by strawberrybrick View Post
    Hours to go, very excited! See you all in Milwaukee!
    OK!
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

See ya guys there!