Thread: Altrock/Fading September batch

Altrock/Fading September batch

The September Releases by Altrock Productions:

Fad-011 The Worm Ouroboros (Fading records)
    Alt-036 Empty Days
    Alt-037 Spaltklang "in Between"
    Alt-038 Mirthkon "Snack(s)"

The Worm Ouroboros (Belarus)

Empty Days (Italy)

Spaltklang are a project of Markus Stauss (Swiss) how played with Yugen, Kurai and SKE

We all know Mirthkon, so yummie yummie!

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    3 autobuys and a probable
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Mirthkon and Emtpy Days are automatic purchases. Have to hear some things of the other two first.

I am very curious about that Empty Days album. Here the full text of the press release:

Empty Days

"7 songs, 7 instrumental pieces. 7 vocal melodies hanging on a delicate acoustic texture, and 7 brief abstract scenes. With the collaboration of various Yugen’s members, Francesco Zago focuses on song form and lyrics, building around Elaine Di Falco’s unique voice a sonic thread made with acoustic and electric guitars, piano (Maurizio Fasoli), vibes (Jacopo Costa) percussions (Giuseppe Olivini) and thin layers of electronics (Paolo Botta, Pat Moonchy). Two famous pieces by John Dowland complete the cd, reminding the distant but crucial legacy of English songs from XVII century. A delicate collection, sometimes dark and forlorn, with an extreme attention to timbrical and dynamical nuances and musical breath."

Anyone has an update when these will be available?

Marcello said they would shipped after RIO so some time in the next couple of weeks i would suspect
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

This batch is a set of completely stunning releases.

MirthKon - Snack(s) : IMprovement on Vehicle, and that is saying a lot.
    Empty days - Perfect balance between melencholic vocal tunes and ambient parts. A real "autumn" album !
    Spaltklang - In Between. I wasn't sure if this would be something for me. I am not to keen on expirimental jazz but I find myself enjoying this a lot more then i thought I would.
    The Worm Orobous - Of things that never were: Very enjoyable retro prog. Sometimes a bit Camelesque. Long tracks but never too pompous or pretentious.

One of the best batches released by altrock for a very long time! Bravo!

Ordered all of them, waiting on delivery, with Soleil Zeuhl and Cuneiform releases its a great Fall for new music
    Ian