Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Musical Box - Mississauga Ontario

The Musical Box - Mississauga Ontario

I just kind of fumbled upon this by luck.

http://www.livingartscentre.ca/shows...-box-2014.html

January 25 2014
    Living Arts Centre
    Mississauga, Ontario

Still some good tickets left.

Got mine!

I'm TMB'd out.

Mainly to do with the price of tix.

I've seen them 9 times that's enough for me.

DtB

I agree Dave. It's hard to pay $70 for orchestra seats, when I saw the exact same show a few years back for under $30.

I wonder why they moved from the Music Hall? That was, like, their standard venue.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    I agree Dave. It's hard to pay $70 for orchestra seats, when I saw the exact same show a few years back for under $30.

I wonder why they moved from the Music Hall? That was, like, their standard venue.
    Because they took all the seats out, it's just a stand up joint now, except for the balcony.

Dave Sr.

Quote Originally Posted by adap2it View Post
    Because they took all the seats out, it's just a stand up joint now, except for the balcony.

Dave Sr.
    Seriously? I didn't know that. Well that sucks. Although, it'll make Steve Wilson happy the next time PT plays there.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    Seriously? I didn't know that. Well that sucks. Although, it'll make Steve Wilson happy the next time PT plays there.
    It wasn't the case a month or so ago when I was there.

Dave Sr.
    From what I can see from the Music Hall's website the place can have seating or no seating on the main floor depending on the show.

D t B

Quote Originally Posted by Dave the Brave View Post
    From what I can see from the Music Hall's website the place can have seating or no seating on the main floor depending on the show.

D t B
    That appears to be correct. I checked various shows there on Ticketbastard and some shows are GA while others have reserved seating. The balcony still has reserved seats for all shows.

I totally forgot that I'm seeing KT Tunstall there in September...and it's reserved seating (I knew I was seeing her...just forgot what venue).

Dave Sr.
    You're kidding me! Are you talking about the Danforth Music Hall? I didn't know that!

I saw them three times. The first was in Oakville for the Selling England show (the best of the three), then at the Danforth for Foxtrot (excellent, but the singer was rather ill that night and they axed "Salmacis" from the set), then at Massey Hall for The Lamb. Loved all three, but oddly I've never had a strong desire to see them again. I was very impressed by them though.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

What tour is it? I might consider one more show for SEBTP, or Foxtrot. Although, this $70 thing....

neil

Haven't seen them since Martin stopped drumming for them. I loved the two shows of theirs I saw -- SEBTP and Lamb. I really enjoyed watching Martin's near perfect copy of Phil's style. Disappointed when he left.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    I've seen them since 1993 and have met the band, done a backstage tour, sat at the drum kit, and have seen them countless times. I'm totally TMB-outed.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Many of the east cost contingent here on PE were initially brought together via the old TMB shows at the Montreal Spectrum venue. I would like my son to see them at some time - we will see.

jk

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    I saw TMB at the Nearfest pre-show several years back, then a couple of weeks ago saw The Waiting Room (Lamb show) at the Regent Theater in Arlington. I have to say that I enjoyed the Waiting Room more than I did TMB, primarily because they did not seem to take themselves so seriously. Josh Gleason, who I also saw with K2 (and who told me he's been tapped for vocal duties with the Security Project), nails Gabriel's vox uncannily well.

Quote Originally Posted by boilk View Post
    What tour is it? I might consider one more show for SEBTP, or Foxtrot. Although, this $70 thing....

neil
    Selling Canada by the Dollar :>)

D t B

i liked the foxtrot show the best.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WHORG View Post
    Many of the east cost contingent here on PE were initially brought together via the old TMB shows at the Montreal Spectrum venue. I would like my son to see them at some time - we will see.

jk
    That's where I saw most of the shows, including the '93 show, but would have liked to have hooked up with you guys at the time.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

I met Uncle Norm and Magog, from Chicago, at a Toronto show, so I have TMB to blame for that...

Kidding! Love youse guys!!

neil

Quote Originally Posted by Dave the Brave View Post
    I'm TMB'd out.

Mainly to do with the price of tix.

I've seen them 9 times that's enough for me.

DtB
    Have been for at least four or five years...Saw every Genesis tout they did (so I take it five times) .... but I was always uneasy with the total mimetism, to the point of repeating the stories between the numbers...
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

I get what you are saying Trane, but for me, I loved the fact how faithfully that they recreated the whole Genesis concert experience from that era. I always said years ago, that if there is one concert that I wish that I could go back in time and see, it would be the Gabriel-era Genesis shows. And TMB does such an amazing job of recreating this, that....oh, I don't know, the first ten times or so, that I saw them was a magical experience, and I don't throw that term around lightly.

Anyone who hasn't seem them before, should absolutely get out there and see them.

neil

Quote Originally Posted by boilk View Post
    I always said years ago, that if there is one concert that I wish that I could go back in time and see, it would be the Gabriel-era Genesis shows. And TMB does such an amazing job of recreating this, that....

Oh absolutely... TMB (though it wxasn't the first Gensios cover band I'd seen >> think I saw Re-Genesis before) definitely quenched my thirst for seeing Genesis live.. (as well as the filmed footages in the boxset).

Actually, TMB quenched it so well that I may even not be interested in seeing the big five classic line-up (should that ever happen again) playing the era's stuff together in a reunion tour

(I'm not really agoraphobic, but let's face it, I avoid big crowds and mega-priced concert tickets)
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

I've done TMB a few times and I'm thinking of giving G2 Genesis a try in a couple of weeks. Has anyone any experience of them ?

I used to go see a Genesis tribute band in the early 90s called Over The Garden Wall who played the Ontario bar circuit quite a bit... they were pretty good and also threw in the odd Gabriel solo piece. Also saw "Slippermen" in Toronto back in 2005 (with an ELP tribute called Seven Virgins And A Mule opening). TMB three times over the years, The Watch last year... always enjoyed all these acts but I'm done with it I think.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    I used to go see a Genesis tribute band in the early 90s called Over The Garden Wall who played the Ontario bar circuit quite a bit... they were pretty good and also threw in the odd Gabriel solo piece. Also saw "Slippermen" in Toronto back in 2005 (with an ELP tribute called Seven Virgins And A Mule opening). TMB three times over the years, The Watch last year... always enjoyed all these acts but I'm done with it I think.
    I think I can handle another SEBTP show. If it were another Lamb show, I would have said a definite NO! It is in my City of Mississauga too, and being on Dave Jr's birthday, who is a major Genesis fan, how can I say no...

Dave Sr.

I think I can handle another SEBTP show. If it were another Lamb show, I would have said a definite NO! It is in my City of Mississauga too, and being on Dave Jr's birthday, who is a major Genesis fan, how can I say no...
    Fair enough! The SEBTP show was the best one IMO, and if I were actually in Mississauga I'd probably go too. I'm actually not far (Burlington)....