Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stomu Yamashta - any fans?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rarebird View Post
    I've also seen a double album 'The complete Go sessions, which seems to contain Go, Go two and Go live.
    You are correct and they were all remastered,I bought it and highly recommend this box set.

Quote Originally Posted by Rand Kelly View Post
    You are correct and they were all remastered,I bought it and highly recommend this box set.
    At least it's cheaper than buying all albums seperately.

In the early 1980s, he created a trilogy of albums for the Toji Temple in Kyoto. They’re called Iroha, which is part of the Japanese alphabet. Yamash'ta rolled his synthesizers and percussion into the temple, and created side-long suites. I’ve never seen these on CD. Some labels tried to release them as a best of but Yamash'ta wouldn't allow the work to be broken up. I interviewed him for Echoes in the early 1990s for one of my more memorable artist interactions. All day in his studio way up in the mountains above Kyoto, then he took us to dinner at a very trad Japanese restaurant and then a tour of the Toji Temple and tea with the monks. At the time he was working on music for "singing stones."

This "GO" album featuring a hodge podge of classic seventies prog rockers to me is an amazing piece of work.

I love both the cover art and the recording as stomu takes me on a visual and mental journey.

I find this album guilty of being a hugely underated gem from a relatively unknown artist.

I am really impressed with the help Stomu the artist got to record with him as he got worldly famous guest's such as Steve Winwood ex Traffic and AL D and Mike Shrive ex Santana and of course Klause ....

10 of 10 for this release.....

Quote Originally Posted by ZEPPELIN4EVER View Post
    This "GO" album featuring a hodge podge of classic seventies prog rockers to me is an amazing piece of work.
    10 of 10 for this release.....
    Yeah that was one of those "gems" you found by accident in the record bins.. I bought it strictly based on the names associated with it.. Then when I found the double live album..
    I was in heaven..

Progstreaming-webmaster Sunhillow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FredOCal View Post
    Just received "Raindog" and listening now. This might end up being near the top for me. Thanks for the rec!
    haha great. Thanks for following the advice. Now get Freedom is Frightening too! It's short, but splendid!