Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 182425262728

Thread: Japanese Rock...Prog or Not...

Quote Originally Posted by interbellum View Post
    I contacted CDJapan to ask them if they will sell this one too (like the previous three EA-CD's) and got a quick reaction: yes.
    See: https://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/AS-11
    (I love those's OBI's )
    I was able to grab it from Musea in France. Very good album. I consider it a step up from 2019's Trinity, which I found a bit "paint by numbers."

Bill

Progger for sure 😏
    My Japanese favourites are

Far East Family Band (J) - Nipponjin (1975)
    Flower Travellin’ Band (J) - Satori (1971)
    Flower Travellin’ Band - Made In Japan (1972)
    Osamu Kitajima (J) - Benzaiten (1976)
    Stomu Yamash'ta (J) & Come To The Edge - Floating Music (1972)
    Stomu Yamashta - Raindog (1975)
    Bi Kyo Ran (J) - Bi Kyo Ran (1982)
    Bondage Fruit (J) - II (1996)

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Finally got the Japanese version of this new album by Electric Asturias. (Sometimes shipping from Japan is quick, but this time it took one month.)
    Sounds great at first listening: massive, mostly instrumental progressive rock with classical and jazzrock influences. There's one vocal track, the closing Solace Of The Cged Bird.

Haven't seen it mentioned here: the new album by Lu7, called Charon Kalon, released January 2023.

Here's the title-track, which shows the band is in a more fusion-mood (the last one was their most jazzrock-ish), but there're still plenty of Holdsworthian solo's):

Quote Originally Posted by proggosaurus View Post
    Bible Black - Bible Black (2012) heavy prog
    Quote Originally Posted by proggosaurus View Post
    honestly, I haven't heard the whole album. I think Vampires Blood is a pretty good tune. has anyone got this and what do you think?

I've listened to the whole thing on YouTube and quite enjoy it. Haven't tracked the CD down yet though.

These guys have a new album out called - "Message from Moonbase". Laser's Edge had stock but ran out. I've only found a short sample but man, does it sound excellent:

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Roth View Post
    I've listened to the whole thing on YouTube and quite enjoy it. Haven't tracked the CD down yet though.

These guys have a new album out called - "Message from Moonbase". Laser's Edge had stock but ran out. I've only found a short sample but man, does it sound excellent:

That first track sounds a lot like Ars Nova. It's not bad. I also sampled Message from Moonbase and was going to get it on Laser's Edge, but saw it had gone out of stock. I'm hoping they get more. I liked that quite a bit.

Bill