Thread: NJ Proghouse "Homecoming" update for Sunday, October 13th (lineup change)

NJ Proghouse "Homecoming" update for Sunday, October 13th (lineup change)

Greetings,

Due to an unforeseen scheduling conflict, Oblivion Sun will no longer be able to perform at the NJ Proghouse "Homecoming" event in October. We are hoping to have the band come up for a separate show at some point in the near future, though. (Please stay tuned.)

With this in mind, we are very pleased to announce the addition of Tammy Scheffer's Morning Bound as our new Sunday opener. Some here will probably recognize Tammy's name from her stellar vocal contributions to Eyal Amir's "Moves Like Jagger" and "Latin Dream" VideoSongs--but may not realize that, in addition to being a very talented vocalist, she is also a gifted composer. While Tammy's recent work has been more on the progressive side of jazz, she formed this new trio (Morning Bound) with the intent of exploring a more experimental (and electric) direction. Please have a look/listen to the following live video clip for a sample:

On a personal note, Amy and I had the great pleasure of seeing Tammy perform live last year and we were both very impressed. All of us at the NJ Proghouse are thrilled to have Tammy and her new band on board and we think those in attendance will be in for a quite a treat.

Also, as a result of this change, please note that Thank You Scientist will now be performing in the second slot that day. As such, the new schedule (for the entire weekend) will be:

Saturday, October 12th
    12:30 PM: Advent
    2:30 PM: The Tea Club
    5:00 PM: Frogg Cafe
    8:30 PM: IZZ

Sunday, October 13th
    12:30 PM Tammy Scheffer’s Morning Bound
    2:30 PM: Thank You Scientist
    5:00 PM: District 97
    8:30 PM: Beardfish

For additional information, please visit:

http://www.njproghouse.com/

Or, to order tickets directly, please go to:

http://www.njproghouse.com/2013/06/1...s-on-sale-now/

Thanks very much, take care, and we hope to see you there,

Alan

Bummer about Oblivion Sun, but Tammy sounds good to me!

Dave Sr.

That's the 2nd cancellation for Oblivion Sun, they were supposed to be at an earlier NJPH gig this year. I'm really bummed about this.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    That's a bummer, but to be honest this lineup is so good I didn't even realize OS was playing, as much as I love them! Still, not sure if I'll be able to make it or not. But great lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by Yanks2009 View Post
    That's the 2nd cancellation for Oblivion Sun, they were supposed to be at an earlier NJPH gig this year. I'm really bummed about this.
    Frank is still recovering from his hand injury. I'm sure that they will be up and running as soon as the band is able and I can't wait.
    support live music

Google is your fiend.

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    Does this mean OS has also cancelled their September gig supporting Sound of Contact (also on the bill is Francis Dunnery) at the Regent Theater in Arlington?

Quote Originally Posted by beep View Post
    Frank is still recovering from his hand injury. I'm sure that they will be up and running as soon as the band is able and I can't wait.
    Didn't know that, a good reason to cancel the show obviously.