Thread: 2012 Enjoy Jazz Festival Photos

2012 Enjoy Jazz Festival Photos

Working my way through photos from my recent trip, full set of photos from Enjoy Jazz here, but a few selected ones:

Portico Quartet

Michael Wollny's [em]

Manu Katché Group

Manfred Brundl Silent Bass

Manfred Eicher

Herbie Hancock

great shots!

Great pics, John - thanks.

I realise I have bought the latest albums of each of the bands from the 1st 3 pics - the 3rd on the back of your review (still searching for those "booty-shaking grooves", right enough!) - what was your take on the Porticos & em (I think the most recent em outing, & the preceding live album, marked a distinct step forward for the band)?

Quote Originally Posted by per anporth View Post
    Great pics, John - thanks.

I realise I have bought the latest albums of each of the bands from the 1st 3 pics - the 3rd on the back of your review (still searching for those "booty-shaking grooves", right enough!) - what was your take on the Porticos & em (I think the most recent em outing, & the preceding live album, marked a distinct step forward for the band)?
    I like Portico's last album very much, but in truth (more to come in my review), having seen them in 2010 in Montreal, I was very disappointed in their show in Germany. Dull, dull, dreadfully dull! [em], otoh, was terrific.