Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SOUND OF CONTACT to Close Saturday at ProgDay 2013!

SOUND OF CONTACT to Close Sunday at ProgDay 2013!

SOUND OF CONTACT to Close Sunday at ProgDay 2013!

After making 3 solo albums SIMON COLLINS (son of musician PHIL COLLINS) decided to try something he had always wanted to do - a band of his own; a group of artists that shared a vision with whom he could collaborate musically and lyrically. That band became SOUND OF CONTACT. Featuring Simon on vocals and drums, DAVE KERZNER (SONIC REALITY, KEVIN GILBERT) on keyboards, and MATT DORSEY and KELLY NORDSTROM trading off on guitar and bass, SOUND OF CONTACT have created a sound all their own while paying homage to the greats of classic prog rock and electronica. With their debut release Dimensionaut, they hit the ground running with a deep concept album about a dimensional time and space traveler and his journey to expand the borders of the human experience.

ProgDay is pleased to announce that SOUND OF CONTACT will be closing out the show on Sunday, September 1. The touring edition of the band finds JOHN WESLEY (PORCUPINE TREE, FISH) handling the guitar duties and the addition of RONEN GORDON on drums. The band will be performing Dimensionaut in it's entirety and a few surprises along the way.

SOUND OF CONTACT (US) will join THANK YOU SCIENTIST (US) and SIMAKDIALOG (Indonesia) at ProgDay 2013, the nineteenth edition of the world's longest running progressive rock festival. ProgDay 2013 will take place on Saturday, August 31st, and Sunday, September 1st, at Storybook Farm in Chapel Hill, North Carolina. For more information, and to hear music from all of this year's bands, please visit us at www.progday.net.

Thanks!

Michael

---------------

www.progday.net
    www.michaelbennett.com
    Last edited by Miciah; 06-14-2013 at 11:10 AM. Reason: Performance has been changed to Sunday.

Looking forward to it, Mike. I'll be there.
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.

Nice !!!

Wish it was just a little bit closer to northwestern Virginia!

Quote Originally Posted by VickiLynn View Post
    Wish it was just a little bit closer to northwestern Virginia!
    It's not *that* far!
    Deb S.
    The Prog-Rock Diner www.fcac.org/radio-fairfax
    SUNDAYS 10pm-12am EST

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Nice! Was listening to the album on my drive home today - very tasty!

Quote Originally Posted by Progluvr View Post
    It's not *that* far!
    Beat me to it, Deb!

C'mon Vicki, I come from Wisconsin, and Deb comes from ARIZONA!
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

I will try to talk my husband into it!

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    Beat me to it, Deb!

C'mon Vicki, I come from Wisconsin, and Deb comes from ARIZONA!
    I come from Michigan.

Steve Sly

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    I come from Michigan.

Steve Sly
    and I drive down from Boston. Come on, Vicki, give it the old college try.
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    I don't want to try to influence setlists or spoil anything, but I think SoC should end with a surprise cover of Illegal Alien. That would be hilarious. Or maybe You Can't Hurry Love.

Banned
    This Progday will end on one helluva note!

Banned
    Wonder when advance sales start?

Quote Originally Posted by Firth View Post
    Wonder when advance sales start?
    I wish I had some info on ticket sales, but I don't. Maybe Michael will see this and weigh in if he sees your comment. I know he has been dealing with some things in his personal life that may have impacted some ProgDay activities.

Steve Sly

Banned
    I just figured out why I thought SOC was closing Sat. The title of this thread states Sat, but the first post and the site states Sun.

I just figured out why I thought SOC was closing Sat. The title of this thread states Sat, but the first post and the site states Sun.
    Hello.

The performance slot for SoC was originally Saturday, but it was rescheduled recently to Sunday. Unfortunately I couldn't figure out any way to change the title of the thread, so it still says Saturday.

Concerning tickets, they should be up for sale on the ProgDay site sometime within the next week. I'm finishing up the site updates for the next band announcement before I put the tickets up.

Cheers.

Michael

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Miciah View Post
    Hello.

The performance slot for SoC was originally Saturday, but it was rescheduled recently to Sunday. Unfortunately I couldn't figure out any way to change the title of the thread, so it still says Saturday.

Concerning tickets, they should be up for sale on the ProgDay site sometime within the next week. I'm finishing up the site updates for the next band announcement before I put the tickets up.

Cheers.

Michael
    Cool

Cool
    Um, could you be a bit more succinct please?
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    Um, could you be a bit more succinct please?
    Its a temperature just slightly lower than lukewarm.

DtB

It's a temerature that NEVER hits during Progday
    JG

"MARKLAR!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Giant View Post
    It's a temerature that NEVER hits during Progday
    Actually……..the one year that the festival was not held on Labor Day Weekend, (2000 if I remember right), Saturday was gorgeous, but Sunday was absolutely freezing. People were wrapped up in blankets watching the bands and I remember the singer from Tiles saying something on stage to the effect of “we thought we left this fucking weather back in Detroit” as he grimaced into the microphone. The poor band from Indonesia did not have any thing with them even resembling a coat and had never seen weather that cold before. I remember Peter Renfro was able to round up some coats and sweatshirts for them, but they were still miserable. From what I understand that was very unusual weather for North Carolina in October, and it was certainly very unusual for ProgDay.

Steve Sly

Banned
    Was that the weekend when the NC Seafood festival in Morehead City had a high of 42.

Was that the weekend when the NC Seafood festival in Morehead City had a high of 42.
    I have no idea since I don’t live in North Carolina, but it was the first weekend of October in 2000. I don’t remember what the high was that day, but I don’t think it ever got out of the 40’s. It was windy too. It was also the lowest attended ProgDay in the festival’s history I believe, and ended up being the straw that broke Peter’s back financially.

Steve Sly

Banned
    I found some notes that did confirm that the first Oct 2000 weekend was cold even were I was down on the coast. That was before I started attending Nearfest and Progday. Now I do a trip to the coast in conjunction with Progday weekend. My parents retired to NC which was their home state after their last years stationed at Cherry Point MCAS on the coast. I went to NCSU at that time. Haven't lived in NC since graduating from NCSU.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    I have no idea since I don’t live in North Carolina, but it was the first weekend of October in 2000. I don’t remember what the high was that day, but I don’t think it ever got out of the 40’s. It was windy too. It was also the lowest attended ProgDay in the festival’s history I believe, and ended up being the straw that broke Peter’s back financially.

Steve Sly
    I believe that the change from Labour Day was prompted by the Hurricane in the previous year, where it rained none stop throughout the whole weekend. The show was held in the Cat's Cradle. It's been held on Labour Day ever since.

Dave Sr.