Thread: NEKTAR - TIME MACHINE SNEAK PREVIEW..

NEKTAR - TIME MACHINE SNEAK PREVIEW..

Thumbs up. I think it's stronger compositionally than anything on Evolution (which I already liked), very trademark Nektar intro (RTF fade-in, then Recycled-type band entrance) before moving into something new. Excellent vocal and nice chorus hook, and it lays out some themes that I assume the rest of the disc will return to. Roye is still pondering life and mortality but sounds like a more positive slant than before. I hear a bit of the trademark Sherwood polish but it seems to work here.

Did the band have a fulltime keyboardist for this one? There's keys in there but it sounds pretty guitar-centric.

Quote Originally Posted by bRETT View Post
    Thumbs up. I think it's stronger compositionally than anything on Evolution
    Really? Or do you mean "Book of Days"? I ask because this sounds a lot like it came from "Evolution," which is great.

I think it's really good. Nice job, Roye, Ron and whoever else!

Unmistakably Nektar. I'm curious to hear more.
    I've got a bike you can ride it if you like

Did the band have a fulltime keyboardist for this one? There's keys in there but it sounds pretty guitar-centric.
    I don't know for sure but Klaus Henatsch has been the full time keyboard player for Nektar for a while now and I can't think of any reason that he would not be the keyboard player on the new album. He really is very good.

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Really? Or do you mean "Book of Days"? I ask because this sounds a lot like it came from "Evolution," which is great.
    No, I would definitely put this track up there with the best of Evolution. (I thought Book of Days was pretty strong songwise, but of course the presentation wasn't ideal).

No, I would definitely put this track up there with the best of Evolution. (I thought Book of Days was pretty strong songwise, but of course the presentation wasn't ideal).
    Okay, now I'm confused, because you wrote, "I think it's stronger compositionally than anything on Evolution."

Not trying to digress here. I think we agree here that it's right up there.

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Okay, now I'm confused, because you wrote, "I think it's stronger compositionally than anything on Evolution."
    I do mean that. I think that Evolution had a great sound and arrangements, and a lot of strong material, but I don't think any of the songs were quite as melodically memorable as the best of Nektar's classic stuff. Based on a couple listens, I think this new song is.

I do mean that. I think that Evolution had a great sound and arrangements, and a lot of strong material, but I don't think any of the songs were quite as melodically memorable as the best of Nektar's classic stuff. Based on a couple listens, I think this new song is.

Evolution is top notch on production quality and recording. Book of Days have greats tracks, but its was released in DEMO form, Roye plays all, includes terrible virtual drum machine. Time Machine sounds good, but not the best to offer in terms of production and studio. All productions from Billy studio sounds awfull to me, i think him uses very poor equipament. And for Time Machine, Ron played on the Billy's drums kit that sounds very ugly. Well, you know, in these times, its better than nothing. Hopefully the quality of the compositions overcome this details. I love Nektar

Very nice track. Thanks for posting that. Looking forward to picking up a copy of this one.

I believe Billy plays bass on about half of Time Machine iirc.