Thread: The Enid's RGJ has Alzheimer's disease !

The Enid's RGJ has Alzheimer's disease !

Nice feature in this months Classic Rock magazine about the great Enid. RGJ was diagnosed with Alzheimer's about a year ago. He plans to carry on as long as possible with the band.

That's horrible news, but I give him credit for moving forward while he can. I like the Enid, first 4 albums anyway. Then I saw them at Nearfest in 2010 and they blew the roof off the place. This news makes me really appreciate being at that performance even more.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Damn, love The Enid, seen them a bunch of times, keep it up RGJ
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Pendulumswingingdoomsday Rune Blackwings's Avatar
    Sad to hear this, although I think advances on the treatment of Alzheimer's might mean a long presence with the Enid...
    "Alienated-so alien I go!"

It even makes him forget what order his initials go in.

Seriously, all best wishes and good luck to him.

Pendulumswingingdoomsday Rune Blackwings's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Triscuits View Post
    It even makes him forget what order his initials go in.

Seriously, all best wishes and good luck to him.
    I was trying to ignore that
    "Alienated-so alien I go!"

RJG dropped a very heavy hint after the recent Manchester concert that the future of the band was in good hands. I took that as his way of saying that advancing years were getting the better of him. Sad to hear disease is contributing too. Their tours are never too long, so maybe he can continue in an ambassadorial role, charming the crowd, for years to come.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rune Blackwings View Post
    Sad to hear this, although I think advances on the treatment of Alzheimer's might mean a long presence with the Enid...
    Also, from what I know about Alzheimers, it's things like routine info such as how ti fix breakfast, and peoples names that would go first, so composing music may be possible for a long time still.

But that's bad news. I'm glad RJG has had this second Spring or whatever to enjoy, despite the legal wrangles, etc.

He is probably diagnosed with Dementia
    Alzheimer can only be diagnosed after autposy

Gelnn Campbell did a farewell tour not too long ago as he also has the disease. I understand the performances went over well.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yanks2009 View Post
    Gelnn Campbell did a farewell tour not too long ago as he also has the disease. I understand the performances went over well.
    Obviously the first thing to go is how to spell their names...

Quote Originally Posted by Udi Koomran View Post
    Is that right? I thought Terry Prachett announced that he had it? Coming to think about it, I used to work with elderly dementia patients when I was a teenager and I can't remember anyone being specifically described as having Alzheimer's so that's probably right.

Still, horrible news, hopefully there's a few years left in him creatively. It's a wonderful band that he has now, I think it's the best Enid that there's been.

Quote Originally Posted by revporl View Post
    Is that right? I thought Terry Prachett announced that he had it? Coming to think about it, I used to work with elderly dementia patients when I was a teenager and I can't remember anyone being specifically described as having Alzheimer's so that's probably right.
    I am not 100% certain that is correct. My grandmother was diagnosed with Alzheimer's well before she died.

Quote Originally Posted by battema View Post
    I am not 100% certain that is correct. My grandmother was diagnosed with Alzheimer's well before she died.
    Wasn't this also true for former U.S. President Ronald Reagan?

Quote Originally Posted by Udi Koomran View Post
    In Belgium, you're diagnozed of Alzheimer (my father was) .... but declared of dementia in your legal state, so you're not responsible of yourself anymore.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.