Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 LastLast

Thread: Univers Zero

Lueur by Univers Zero is just out CD and Lp
    available here for orders
    https://subrosalabel.bandcamp.com/album/lueur
    Wayside has it for orders in USA as well

will do ASAP
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Preordered from Wayside.

Just realized that the bandcamp link has 4 tracks available so I'm going to dig in.

Quote Originally Posted by remoraes View Post
    Good news, really.
    Nice to see it will also be available on CD and (unlike its predecessor) on an excellent label (Sub Rosa) with a fairly good worldwide distribution.
    I can't wait to get this one...

Also nice to see that it's available on bandcamp and those of us who want it as a download, can get it.

Neil

I pre-ordered the album. However I have to say that the songs that were available on Bandcamp on the first listen didn't make a huge impression.
    My progressive music site: https://pienemmatpurot.com/ Reviews in English: https://pienemmatpurot.com/in-english/

Quote Originally Posted by Kcrimso View Post
    I pre-ordered the album. However I have to say that the songs that were available on Bandcamp on the first listen didn't make a huge impression.
    yeah, it pains me to agree with you, not because it's you (you are a wonderful human) but, because this music left me frigid! From what's available to listen on BC it seems like they crossed the boundary from the austere heavily artificial sequenced sound that they have been cultivating for a long time to something completely cold, lifeless and dead.

I know this sounds harsh so apologies if I'm insulting anyone, but it's just how I feel. This music may as well have been created by an AI prompted by, among other things... DD's seemingly lack of fire in his belly. If that's the sound he's looking for, then he's arrived, but I was hoping for a little more character, emotion and humanity.

Never thought I would say this but, I may skip this one.

best
    Michael
    If it ain't acousmatique-It's crap

I agree. Though the guitar on the second song you can listen to was nice. I'll still order it when it gets released, but so far I feel it will be a very underwhelming listen. But I need it all.

Listening now...I thought the first track was awesome. "Rolling Eyes," though, is weird. It sounds like UZ doing Canterbury.
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx

Hey, Daniel started out doing Canterbury

Quote Originally Posted by smcfee View Post
    Hey, Daniel started out doing Canterbury
    Quite true.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

A little surprised at the responses. I’m digging this quite a bit. But I’m probably considered a fanboy so take everything I say with a grain.

Quote Originally Posted by remoraes View Post
    G R E A T!
    Tankx!!
    Pura Vida!.

There are two kinds of music. Good music, and the other kind. ∞
    Duke Ellington.

Quote Originally Posted by selfextraction View Post
    A little surprised at the responses. I’m digging this quite a bit. But I’m probably considered a fanboy so take everything I say with a grain.
    I consider myself a fanboy too, which may be why I am not blown away yet. But I am hopeful.

I bought it without listening to the tracks because after all it’s a new UZ album, am I not gonna own it?

I think I’ll wait for the CD and take it in that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Mascodagama View Post
    I bought it without listening to the tracks because after all it’s a new UZ album, am I not gonna own it?

That is pretty much my thinking also. I clicked "order" button first and only after that listened the sample tracks. I will not listen to them again until the CD arrives.
    My progressive music site: https://pienemmatpurot.com/ Reviews in English: https://pienemmatpurot.com/in-english/

That is pretty much my thinking also. I clicked "order" button first and only after that listened the sample tracks. I will not listen to them again until the CD arrives.
    I normally won't listen until I have the cd in hand, but the stripped down lineup just made me to curious!
    Now I won't listen again until I buy the cd

Yeah, but this is almot the first time I listen to a studio UZ album on my computer, so let's wait until there is something to stick inside my hi-fi chain.

BTW, there is one track that nears Post-rock, and Daniel's son actually played in one of those band (can't remember its name, something like MetroSumthin'Polis).

Pure speculation: Maybe Daniel is wanting to give another boost to his kid's career
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    Yeah, but this is almot the first time I listen to a studio UZ album on my computer, so let's wait until there is something to stick inside my hi-fi chain.

BTW, there is one track that nears Post-rock, and Daniel's son actually played in one of those band (can't remember its name, something like MetroSumthin'Polis).

Pure speculation: Maybe Daniel is wanting to give another boost to his kid's career
    Hopefully his kid doesn't bite the hand that feeds him too!

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post

Seems very unlikely to me,but the input of a younger generation musician could definitely have some impact on the sound and production.
    Or maybe he catched the Wilson Syndrome ? ( don't do again what you've already done before and do everything possible to destabilize your fans)
    I've never been disappointed by a U.Z (or D.D solo) record so far so I'm really curious to hear his latest work.

Quote Originally Posted by The Czar View Post
    Hopefully his kid doesn't bite the hand that feeds him too!
    Please don't bring this back again ! Are you in possession of ALL the factual details ? Have you heard the arguments of BOTH sides ?
    This dispute (which we all know by now) should have remained in the private domain, particularly since one of the two parties concerned is not present on this forum, and the dispute is mainly of commercial nature.
    Being short of unshakeable reliable informations I'm on neither side, just a matter of basic fairness and ethics...
    Better to stay with the artistic/musical aspects only. (IMO)
    Last edited by Mr.Krautman; 10-21-2023 at 04:23 PM.

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mascodagama View Post

Yeah, basically same for me. I paid an ugly price for the last one so if that didn't stop me nothing will.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Krautman View Post
    Or maybe he catched the Wilson Syndrome ? ( don't do again what you've already done before and do everything possible to destabilize your fans)
    The Wilson Syndrome! For some reason "do everything possible to destabilize your fans", I am laughing way too hard at, haha.

Neil

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Krautman View Post
    Please don't bring this back again ! Are you in possession of ALL the factual details ? Have you heard the arguments of BOTH sides ?
    This dispute (which we all know by now) should have remained in the private domain, particularly since one of the two parties concerned is not present on this forum, and the dispute is mainly of commercial nature.
    Being short of unshakeable reliable informations I'm on neither side, just a matter of basic fairness and ethics...
    Better to stay with the artistic/musical aspects only. (IMO)
    I have no reason to think Steve is lying about events and things that were said.
    I find it refreshing that "bad behavior" was called out instead of hiding it, and I think there were a lot of witnesses to a particular interaction we know about.
    And despite all of that, we still wanna buy a new Univers Zero cd!
    People make mistakes, relationships end, and bands move to different labels. Yet Wayside is still going to carry it and we're going to buy it.
    This is what is good about common sense, it's knowing that people f*ck up and can still not be canceled...nor do we want to.

^^^^^^

Thanks.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.