Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: YESFEST - Camden, NJ on Aug. 3rd w/ YES, The Musical Box, Renaissance, & Carl Palmer

YESFEST - Camden, NJ on Aug. 3rd w/ YES, The Musical Box, Renaissance, & Carl Palmer

Just saw that LiveNation has an event at the Susquehanna Bank Center in Camden, NJ for Saturday August 3rd starting at 2PM called YESFEST and featuring YES, The Musical Box, Renaissance, and The Carl Palmer Band. Tickets going on sale Friday May 24th 10 AM.

Hmmm.

-Rich

Camden...why Camden... is not the town like a crime capital of US?

Back in the early 90s 'YesFest' use to be something different that this seems. ...Raffles, seller's tables, 'rare films', Yes members taking audience questions...

Quite a lineup!
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    To me, that's in the middle of nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    To me, that's in the middle of nowhere.
    hey not very far from the truth...welcome to Camden

There's a metaphor in there somewhere.
    The Mighty Megalosaurus
    Tree Pusher, WESAYSO Corp.

Isn't it an amphitheater right across the bridge and is it just 4 bands or is there anyone else playing

Quote Originally Posted by MysteryChallenger View Post
    Back in the early 90s 'YesFest' use to be something different that this seems. ...Raffles, seller's tables, 'rare films', Yes members taking audience questions...
    Maybe this should be called "Yesstock"!

Dangerous city, kind of a tribute band vibe, not sure about this...

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Back around 1990 or so I went to what I think was a Yesfest - it was in Manhattan somewhere, Jon Anderson was there, and it was where I first met Robert Wolf, who was selling CDs, and also the first time I ever bought a whole stack of CDs at one time. I think Anderson only spoke to the audience, I don't think he performed.

Anyone remember exactly when and where this was, or have any more info on it?

If I was more cynical I'd say "Renaissance + three tribute acts," but I'm not & I shan't.

Camden is a horrid place. Route 38 to the Ben Franklin Bridge doesn't do it justice -- you need to drive around the local streets after dark to feel the great ambiance.

Indeed. We don't know, we may get those things here.

Camden, by the way, is a lovely place. At least, the original and best Camden in London. I know not this other Camden... However, I understand one can easily see shows at the Susquehanna Bank Center without having to interact with Camden, NJ in any significant way. Lots of people say it's a lovely venue.

Henry
    Where Are They Now? Yes news: http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wh_now.htm
    Blogdegezou, the accompanying blog: http://bondegezou.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by mx20 View Post
    If I was more cynical I'd say "Renaissance + three tribute acts," but I'm not & I shan't.
    How can Renaissance be any more authentic when it has only one original member?

Quote Originally Posted by Man In The Mountain View Post
    How can Renaissance be any more authentic when it has only one original member?
    Technically, no original members. Just one classic member. (Haslam joined 2 years after the band had begun.) None of the other Renaissance members date back further than 2001.

Henry
    Where Are They Now? Yes news: http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wh_now.htm
    Blogdegezou, the accompanying blog: http://bondegezou.blogspot.com/

At least the complainers can use the same "Bring Back Jon!" sign for both Yes and Renaissance!

I didn't know they had cruise ships in Camden.

Yep, I went to one in New York City back in 1994 before a Yes concert at MSG. Peter Banks and Patrick Moraz were there (signed autographs and even played together), they had a Yes tribute band (several I believe), vendors and Chris Squire even showed up.

Just got some more info from the NEARfest mailing list:

YESFEST
    Saturday, August 3rd, 2013
    Susquehanna Bank Center
    Camden, NJ
    Doors open at 2:00pm

Line-up:
    Yes (performing The Yes Album and Close to the Edge in full quadraphonic sound)
    U.K.
    Renaissance
    The Musical Box (performing Foxtrot)
    Carl Palmer Band
    Plus an appearance from acclaimed artist and NEARfest alumnus Roger Dean!

I wonder who's playing drums with UK

Easy On Camden!!

Guys,

Easy on Camden. Library Jon was a Librarian in Downtown Camden for 9 years (until the library was closed for lack of funding). Most people were nice, just very poor. I have never been hurt roaming through Camden (of course, there are neighborhoods to stay away from). The Susquehanna Bank Center is fine. These people are doing the best they can.

Library Jon

No Zebra or Glass Hammer?
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

the venue is a typical outdoor summer shed, just go directly to and from the venue parking lot and you will not have an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Library Jon View Post
    Easy on Camden. <snip> Most people were nice, just very poor. I have never been hurt roaming through Camden
    The comments every time a festival is held in a city (not a suburb but a city - i.e. NFest in Trenton, etc.) really drives home for me the point about just how white [literally and spiritually] most of the readers are, here on PE...
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

Quote Originally Posted by Library Jon View Post
    Guys,

Easy on Camden. Library Jon was a Librarian in Downtown Camden for 9 years (until the library was closed for lack of funding). Most people were nice, just very poor. I have never been hurt roaming through Camden (of course, there are neighborhoods to stay away from). The Susquehanna Bank Center is fine. These people are doing the best they can.

Library Jon
    hey nothing against the people, the shame is on us to let them down like this, but the facts are facts...