Page 106 of 116 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,650 of 2900

Thread: Recommend The Best Current Italian Prog

The new album by Balletto di Bronzo will be called "Lemures" (no release date known so far)

resurrected from 1975 Jacula lead vocalist solo album

Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    resurrected from 1975 Jacula lead vocalist solo album
    Doris Norton? I didn't know that she had any solo album prior to 1981's Parapsycho. And I never heard of anyome mentioning it before. Are you sure it's not one of Bartoccetti's usual tricks of discovering "lost" albums?
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

Augusto Croce writes: "Known for her appearance as singer on Jacula's LP Tardo pede in magiam versus with the nickname Fiamma Dallo Spirito, Vittoria Lo Turco had already issued some singles since 1967 using the name Fiamma. Her unreleased solo album recorded in 1975 with the collaboration of keyboardist/composer Federico Bergamini, with dark atmospheres typical of her group, was issued in 2022 by Black Widow."

Quote Originally Posted by Dunamis View Post
    Augusto Croce writes: "Known for her appearance as singer on Jacula's LP Tardo pede in magiam versus with the nickname Fiamma Dallo Spirito, Vittoria Lo Turco had already issued some singles since 1967 using the name Fiamma. Her unreleased solo album recorded in 1975 with the collaboration of keyboardist/composer Federico Bergamini, with dark atmospheres typical of her group, was issued in 2022 by Black Widow."
    And when comes Doris Norton (Bartoccetti's wife) to the picture? Wasn't she credited as Fiamma Dallo Spirito? Twenty years ago these "lost" albums story was swallowable, now it comes close to be irritating.
    Last edited by spacefreak; 12-28-2022 at 07:57 AM.
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

^ That's the way I remember it, Spyros. This other is all news to me.

I followed the Jacula/Antonius Rex/Doris Norton trail down a confusing rabbit hole a several moons ago. I collect Italian cemetery prog.

Bartoccetti embellishes his myth. For example, I couldn't confirm the existence of Jacula's first keyboardist Charles Tiring. Supposedly, Charles was 68 year old organ/harpsichordist who married an 18 year-old woman. This was 1972. How many lost albums has Bartoccitti exhumed?

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    ^ That's the way I remember it, Spyros. This other is all news to me.
    I'm quoting Antonio Bartocetti from a 2011 interview for "It's Psychedelic Baby":

"Tardo Pede in Magiam Versus is your next LP from 1971. The atmosphere on this one is again mind blowing. Would you like to share with us the experience you had from producing this LP?"

Tardo Pede in Magiam Versus is a 1972 album. We recorded it in Milano (supported by Gualtiero Guerrini and by a mystical congregation) because in Angelicum Studio there was a church organ who played with a real “ritual” feeling.
    The band was: Doris Norton (synthesizers, keyboards, effects), Charles Tiring (church organ) and me (all other instruments).
    Last edited by spacefreak; 12-29-2022 at 05:18 AM.
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

Quote Originally Posted by Crawford Glissadevil View Post
    How many lost albums has Bartoccitti exhumed?
    4, that I know of. According to his sayings of course, because they all sound like modern (digital) recordings.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawford Glissadevil View Post
    I collect Italian cemetery prog.
    What's your opinion then on L'Impero Delle Ombre's Racconti Macabri Vol. III? I was listening to it yesterday and I'm finding it extremely rewarding and the best of the three...
    Last edited by spacefreak; 12-29-2022 at 05:16 AM.
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

Quote Originally Posted by spacefreak View Post
    4, that I know of. According to his sayings of course, because they all sound like modern (digital) recordings.

What's your opinion then on L'Impero Delle Ombre's Racconti Macabri Vol. III? I was listening to it yesterday and I'm finding it extremely rewarding and the best of the three...
    Ha, I also was listening to it yesterday. Definitely, the best of the three. Love that bit where they quote 1970 The Dunwich Horror, complete with a bit of Les Baxter's eerie soundtrack.

Le Orme will release a 2CD of new material feat. TONY PAGLIUCA and TOLO MARTON.
    Sadly Aldo refused to participate..

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    No Aldo, No Metman - jk - I'll pick it up.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    Le Orme will release a 2CD of new material feat. TONY PAGLIUCA and TOLO MARTON.
    Sadly Aldo refused to participate..
    I've never heard the reason for Aldo leaving Le Orme. Did he have a falling out with the rest of the band?

Nuova Idea's Its An Old Dream is one I have never heard but am very curious about, it came out in a limited ed LP and nowhere else - no Spotify / Amazon and zero on YT, Blogs, etc. which is somewhat unusual

I don't do LP's at this point, but I'd gladly pay for a digital download if Bandcamp had one

Big fan of their 70's records and I'm expecting it to be more poppy, but I'm still very curious
    Last edited by Eddie Y; 02-06-2023 at 10:46 AM.

It's actually "It's An Old Dream". I have the LP, released in the 100 LP DeAgostino series Prog Rock Italiano in 2020 (recorded 1976). I wish I could do a rip for you, but with LPs it's not possible (at least in my household).

^^

Easy to find on Discogs but Vinyl only

It's actually "It's An Old Dream". I have the LP, released in the 100 LP DeAgostino series Prog Rock Italiano in 2020 (recorded 1976). I wish I could do a rip for you, but with LPs it's not possible (at least in my household).
    Thank you for the reply and I understand completely

Could you comment on the music at all?

E

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Y View Post
    Thank you for the reply and I understand completely

Could you comment on the music at all?

E
    It wasn't anything earthshaking, but still rather good. I have to give it another spin (I did listen to it when I received the LP, but haven't turned back to it after that).
    There is a track from it on YouTube, btw:

It wasn't anything earthshaking, but still rather good. I have to give it another spin (I did listen to it when I received the LP, but haven't turned back to it after that).
    There is a track from it on YouTube, btw:

Thank you, very nice track, and if the rest is of similar quality that is exciting

I know someday I will happen upon it, hopefully it gets released officially on CD

I spinned the Nuova Idea LP again. It is uneven musically, eclectic (some pop, funk etc tracks, some PFM-like proggier songs), but still rather enjoyable. I noticed on the inner sleeve for the first time that there is Mellotron on 7 of 10 tracks, played by three different musicians, but it is not a Mellotron album at all. Hopefully someone releases it also on CD, as you say.