Page 33 of 116 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383 ... LastLast

Thread: Recommend The Best Current Italian Prog

I've looked high and low, and can't find it. Not even on Italian ebay. Does anybody know any sellers worldwide who are selling the La Bocca Della Verita album Avenoth?

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    I've looked high and low, and can't find it. Not even on Italian ebay. Does anybody know any sellers worldwide who are selling the La Bocca Della Verita album Avenoth?
    It ain't released (apart from maybe some CDr's), it will be released somewhen during this year by AltRock/Fading Records.

Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    It ain't released (apart from maybe some CDr's), it will be released somewhen during this year by AltRock/Fading Records.
    Ah, thanks. That explains it then. Odd that RYM show it as a 2009 release, yet Mauro is the only one cataloging it, and that as a CDR.

La Bottega del Tempo a Vapore

Eternit - Figli di (former Orchestra dei Sassi)

Deus Ex Machina-Devoto... my copy has shipped. I'm thrilled. Have very high hopes. Can someone wet my appetite further? Any first impressions there?

hmmm... interesting material, creative drums, eh. I'd be interested to explore it further. Whos supplying this one?

Quote Originally Posted by sergio View Post
    Deus Ex Machina-Devoto... my copy has shipped. I'm thrilled. Have very high hopes. Can someone wet my appetite further? Any first impressions there?
    Literally just ordered it form Laser's Edge. I also have high hopes. I'll report back when I've heard it!

Bill

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    I've had it a few weeks from Wayside, it's outstanding, vocals are in top form, music is a little mellower than Equilibrisimo (the only other one I own). Really loving it.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    I've had it a few weeks from Wayside, it's outstanding, vocals are in top form, music is a little mellower than Equilibrisimo (the only other one I own). Really loving it.
    awesome! Puglissi went missing in action... glad that wow factor is still there.

gents, any leads on that Nicola Pardini dude? apart from obvious mp3 loads... maybe a wav/flac at least. I'm quite intrigued with what I hear.

Still waiting on an official release date for the new Submarine Silence... I thought it was supposed to be out by now?
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

gents, any leads on that Nicola Pardini dude? apart from obvious mp3 loads... maybe a wav/flac at least. I'm quite intrigued with what I hear.
    Sorry would have provided more info if I had some. Looking for a physical release myself.

Try to contact him over Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    Still waiting on an official release date for the new Submarine Silence... I thought it was supposed to be out by now?
    Hmmm.. i believed it to be out allready...

Hmmm.. i believed it to be out allready...
    I don't see it on any vendor sites.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Look for my post in the NP thread from a month ago about the new Submarine Silence album. *I think* I got mine from Wayside.

Sorry would have provided more info if I had some. Looking for a physical release myself.

Try to contact him over Facebook.
    think I'll get myself that mp3 for $6 in the interim. unable to find much on FB... hords of Nicola Pardinis there

think I'll get myself that mp3 for $6 in the interim. unable to find much on FB... hords of Nicola Pardinis there
    https://www.facebook.com/Nicola-Pardini-168340180181937

sweet! thanks

Gianni Nocenzi, former pianist in Banco del Mutuo Soccorso, just released a solo piano album called Miniature

I was unable to find this news elsewhere, apologies if already posted.

Banned
    Repetita Iuvant by Ad Maiora

Bandcamp link

OK, got the Deus Ex Machina and gave it listen number one last night. I couldn't be more pleased! Band sounds fantastic and the album is pretty Proggy and pretty rocking without being quite as frenetic as some of their older stuff. Much as I like De Republica and Equilibrismo da Insofferenza, those wear me out a bit. I far prefer Cinique, where I think they really found the ability to focus their ideas a bit more. This new one sounds more in this vein, so I'm really happy. Looking forward to spinning it repeatedly!

Actually I had a funny thought about this. I bought my first DeM album from Ken at Laser's Edge in the early 90s. Back then I lived in Antioch, TN after finishing my Master's at Vanderbilt, and I would get Ken's paper catalog and call to order. Guess who always picked up the phone... ? Ken himself! He was so funny. He asked me where I lived, and when I told him Antoich, TN, he said, "well, I guess someone has to live there." But he was super helpful, and very tolerant of my horrible mispronunciation of "Deus Ex Macnina." Hard to imagine 25 years later I'm still ordering from Ken, and that DeM is still making records!

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Look for my post in the NP thread from a month ago about the new Submarine Silence album. *I think* I got mine from Wayside.
    Hmmm... strange, as it's not there now. Nor is it at Lasers Edge, Synphonic, Kinesis, BTF, Record Heaven, Amazon or their own website.

Ahh well! I can be patient.

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    Hmmm... strange, as it's not there now. Nor is it at Lasers Edge, Synphonic, Kinesis, BTF, Record Heaven, Amazon or their own website.

Ahh well! I can be patient.
    I went to Discogs and checked. The one I have is from 2013, not a new one. Sorry for the confusion.