Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: So, when did Neil Peart first cut his hair?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    So when did Greg Lake start gaining all of that weight?

Quote Originally Posted by JIF View Post
    Then, why didn't you say that in the first place?
    The police are here

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dgtlman View Post
    The police are here
    Hey, don't start that again. I just never heard anyone say that THEIR OWN THREAD as run it's curse. I was just asking if it was done to the mudslinging going his way(because it seemed that way to me)? He said it wasn't. So, I just asked why he didn't say that in the first. I don't think that's a police action if I was only asking a question that logically followed my last question.

Neil had a mullet before the other two had 'em in the 80s. I know I've seen a few pics of Neil with long hair but short on the sides, or maybe the hair is tucked behind his ears or something. But man, whenever I see those pics of Geddy with that ridiculous mullet I crack up. And what the hell was that haircut that Alex had in the 80s?

Quote Originally Posted by JIF View Post
    Hey, don't start that again. I just never heard anyone say that THEIR OWN THREAD as run it's curse. I was just asking if it was done to the mudslinging going his way(because it seemed that way to me)? He said it wasn't. So, I just asked why he didn't say that in the first. I don't think that's a police action if I was only asking a question that logically followed my last question.
    The original question was answered. I'm perfectly willing to bequeath this thread to someone who wants to continue it into other areas of fashion.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    The original question was answered. I'm perfectly willing to bequeath this thread to someone who wants to continue it into other areas of fashion.
    In that case, can we talk about Rush's fascination with kimono's? I remember Geddy saying in Beyond The Lighted Stage that UFO would tease Rush about their robes and tape slippers to Geddy's monitor and say "these will go perfect with your robe, Glee".

I think he's going bald.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by firth5th View Post
    I think he's going bald.
    Maybe it's those dog years?

I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Always liked that pic ^ but Alex's cameltoe is a bit too pronounced .

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    Always liked that pic ^ but Alex's cameltoe is a bit too pronounced .
    Now, there's an image I didn't need. Thanks a lot, Vic.

yer welcome Jiffo.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    It's common knowledge that Neil's hair length was indicative of Rush's average track length. The little tail thing was different, though, and shorter lived - it indicated the amount of digital keyboards used on an album/tour.

Quote Originally Posted by iguana View Post
    rat tail ca. “power windows”, 1985, mullets galore btw. “moving pictures” and “grace under pressure”.
    To say nothing of the Miami Vice inspired fashion sense.

Yeah, that's one thing about Rush. They were followers of fashion. It's almost like someone else was packaging them.

Reminds me of all those misguided promo photos that Rick Derringer for "All American Boy." He really paid for that and has openly regretted it.

Or, when Steppenwolf regrouped around '73 and wore the space outfits. Another one openly lamented by John Kay.

That could be a fun thread. Fashion choices bands likely regret.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    It's common knowledge that Neil's hair length was indicative of Rush's average track length. The little tail thing was different, though, and shorter lived - it indicated the amount of digital keyboards used on an album/tour.
    That's an interesting theory! It seems to work...

Reminds me of all those misguided promo photos that Rick Derringer for "All American Boy." He really paid for that and has openly regretted it.
    Oh damn, I forgot about that! Glancing down the thread I thought that was Suzy Quatro.

Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Yeah, that's one thing about Rush. They were followers of fashion. It's almost like someone else was packaging them.

Never heard about Derringer taking flak for this - he (and Edgar Winter) always had a bit of a glam thing going on though, didn't they? Every picture I've ever seen of Winter's White Trash, they look pretty out there.

Why does anybody care?
    Gnish-gnosh borble wiff, shlauuffin oople tirk.

Are you new to PE? Welcome!

Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Never heard about Derringer taking flak for this - he (and Edgar Winter) always had a bit of a glam thing going on though, didn't they? Every picture I've ever seen of Winter's White Trash, they look pretty out there.
    It was the Edgar Winter Group. The did an album back cover where they got dolled up:

But, of course, nobody did it better than our boy, Frank, and The Mothers:

Yeah, Ronnie was a fine looking girl many years before Justin Bieber

[QUOTE=ronmac;95260]It was the Edgar Winter Group. The did an album back cover where they got dolled up:

I can't access that image for some reason.

But he didn't look more girly than here, did he? I don't think that's possible.

Banned
    [QUOTE=JKL2000;95299]
    But he didn't look more girly than here, did he? I don't think that's possible.

I remember her!!!