Page 79 of 90 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,975 of 2226

Thread: The Everything Metal Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mnprogger View Post
    Psychotic Waltz fans?

Radical Research did a podcast about them they uploaded today:

https://radicalresearch.org/episode-...ltz-1990-1996/
    https://open.spotify.com/episode/2MarRGIdTCwp3EBBEapwLI
    I thought A Social Grace was great, but the rest hit or miss. I think they put out a new one 2-3 years ago. I much prefer the Devon Graves (formerly known as Buddy Lackey ) thing...Dead Soul Tribe...

"Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Eeesh this album smokes!!! The binge continues....

Listen to Lady Babylon. It's doomy and proggy.

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar

Liturgy - 93696
    We're trying to build a monument to show that we were here
    It won't be visible through the air
    And there won't be any shade to cool the monument to prove that we were here. - Gene Parsons, 1973

Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    I like it, but longer than it has to be. It's formulaic but it's good. Kinda like Iron Maiden in that both bands have a formula that works for them.

This came up on my YT feed:

It's fire (as the kids say today). Love Metal Church.

I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

The final track is my favourite on the new album (which overall I like quite a lot). I think this piece is the best they've done in years, and can't get these riffs out of my head. It has Load-era vibes, which is not a bad thing in my book as I loved that period.

Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

The eons are closing
    Will check it on the Hifi - thnx
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Just came upon this...

Wow!!!!!!

^^ What, mine not good enough?

It really wasn't.

It came up on my YT feed. In my opinion it's the best of the songs they've released on YT from the new album.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    It came up on my YT feed. In my opinion it's the best of the songs they've released on YT from the new album.
    I was only confused because I posted the exact same video two posts before yours!

Either way, I agree with you and I've been spinning that song a lot, as well as my other favs from the new album like Shadows Follow and the title track 72 Seasons.

BTW did you know that there is a much better sounding version of their Death Magnetic album out there? Someone ripped it from the Guitar Hero III game and it blows away the official horribly-mastered edition. It's enormously improved, so if you like that album, look that up.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Glenday View Post
    IMHO, the best thing Metallica never did was Kirk Hammett's solo EP "Portals".

All instrumental, very proggy, and nothing like anything else Metallica has released. Probably one of the best releases of 2022.

Thanks! I've been trying to remember what this album was! I remembered listening to it, but could only sort of visual the cover. That's all I had to go on. I hate when that happens (happens a bit more frequently these days, but I say it's because there's more music to remember!)

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post

I was only confused because I posted the exact same video two posts before yours!

Either way, I agree with you and I've been spinning that song a lot, as well as my other favs from the new album like Shadows Follow and the title track 72 Seasons.

BTW did you know that there is a much better sounding version of their Death Magnetic album out there? Someone ripped it from the Guitar Hero III game and it blows away the official horribly-mastered edition. It's enormously improved, so if you like that album, look that up.
    Sorry, I missed the original post of the video you posted.

Is the improved version of Death Magnetic on YouTube?

Meanwhile, apparently Agalloch is doing a reunion show for Prophecy Fest. Their implosion back in 2016 wasn't quite Yes level drama, but was still nasty. Then John Haughm went full stupid on social media and it got even worse. Seems he's apologized (and might've actually MEANT it) and friendships are being repaired. It'd be nice to see them get things completely sorted out and come back strong again, they were probably my favorite of the newer black metal bands.
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    Is the improved version of Death Magnetic on YouTube?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by battema View Post
    Meanwhile, apparently Agalloch is doing a reunion show for Prophecy Fest. Their implosion back in 2016 wasn't quite Yes level drama, but was still nasty. Then John Haughm went full stupid on social media and it got even worse. Seems he's apologized (and might've actually MEANT it) and friendships are being repaired. It'd be nice to see them get things completely sorted out and come back strong again, they were probably my favorite of the newer black metal bands.
    I didn't know they'd imploded (don't follow at that level) - but hopefully, we'll see new studio releases some time?
    Regards,

Duncan

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Glenday View Post
    I didn't know they'd imploded (don't follow at that level) - but hopefully, we'll see new studio releases some time?
    Assuming they keep from imploding again, yeah that'd be nice. Somewhere along the way the main guy (who apparently fired everyone else in 2016) said some stupid things on social media, the kind of stupidity that makes me not want to follow an artist anymore. But he's apparently sorted himself out, apologized and made amends with his former bandmates.

I take the upcoming gig as a test run of sorts...if they enjoy it, I'd imagine they'll keep going.
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by battema View Post
    Nice!

The Mantle is an alltime disk for me (and I love most of the others as well) so I'm glad they have mended fences at least to this point.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

One last Metallica post for a while, I just wanted to say: check out Rob Trujillo in the Yesshows t-shirt!

Savatage - "Curtain Call" anticipated April 2024 per Jon Oliva.

https://bravewords.com/news/jon-oliv...ake-ever-video