Thread: Land of Chocolate releases brand new video (Helpless)

Land of Chocolate releases brand new video (Helpless)

After nearly 20 years of being off the scene due to relocations and side projects (Damn Fine Coffee, Ephemeral Sun) Land of Chocolate released their long-awaited third full length release, “Your Finest Hour”, in October 2023 to rave reviews.

Much has changed in the world since LoC's last album "Regaining the Feel" was released in 2004, so it seemed appropriate to explore some of these technological advances in creating their latest video for this album. Combining music originally composed in 2003 with Generative OpenAI advances of the last several years has resulted in LoC's newest video, "Helpless":

This follows up the previously-released video for the title track shown below:

Enjoy, and check out "Your Finest Hour" in its entirety at www.landofchocolateband.com

Interesting in that it sounds like Echolyn about half the time - as if maybe Chris and John Buzby listened to all the same records (which would make sense) and played together a whole lot when they were kids, and evolved similar but not identical styles of songwriting.

Quote Originally Posted by Baribrotzer View Post
    Interesting in that it sounds like Echolyn about half the time - as if maybe Chris and John Buzby listened to all the same records (which would make sense) and played together a whole lot when they were kids, and evolved similar but not identical styles of songwriting.
    I can say for the record that Chris and I (Jonn) both shared overlapping musical tastes and often shared our musical discoveries with one another on a regular basis. We also had substantial differences in tastes from time to time as well, and still do. Prior to Finneus Gauge, we attempted to play together with our middle brother Brian during my middle school years in a band unfortunately called Chances R (the R was backwards), and remember fondly rocking out to some J Geils Band while performing at my middle school dance.

Brian is also a fantastic musician in his own right, playing saxophone with multiple acts in the NC area, and having recorded albums with the band Saunter and an excellent kids album under the name The Buzztown Band (to which I'm proud to have contributed).