Thread: Pineapple Thief Winter 2024 NA tour

Pineapple Thief Winter 2024 NA tour

Today I was surprised to see a Ticketbastard email in my inbox with The Pineapple Thief at the top of the listing. Granted, they're playing small venues but at least they're getting a good promotional push for this NA tour later in the year.

On the TB page it lists the Seattle show at the Neptune as "With Special Guests", but on the band's own website it says "With Gavin Harrison". I thought he was a permanent band member, or is Gavin putting on a clinic before the show or something?
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

US tour here. I went to a couple of the UK gigs and can highly recommend them. They really are good and put in a tremendous shift. And yes Gavin Harrison is on drums. A good deal of the European tour did sell out so, prog/not prog, Smashing Pumpkins/not Smashing Pumpkins, they are certainly being recogised in their own right.

November 10 2024 Estadio Santa Laura, Chile
    November 14 2024 Atlanta, GA – Terminal West
    November 16 2024 Clearwater, FL – Cpitol Theatre
    November 17 2024 Orlando, FL – Plaza Live
    November 19 2024 Charlotte, NC – The Underground
    November 21 2024 Washington, DC – Union stage
    November 22 2024 Philadelphia, PA – World Cafe Live
    November 23 2024 New York, NY – Gramercy Theatre
    November 24 2024 Somerville, MA – Somerville Theatre
    November 26 2024 Quebec, QC – Palais Montcalm
    November 27 2024 Montreal, QC – Theatre Beanfield
    November 29 2024 Toronto, ON – The Opera House
    November 30 2024 Pittsburgh, PA – Jergels
    December 1 2024 Chicago, IL – House of Blues
    December 3 2024 Dallas, TX – Granada Theatre
    December 5 2024 Mexico City, Mexico – Auditorio Blackberry
    December 7 2024 Los Angeles, CA – Teragram Ballroom
    December 8 2024 Santa Cruz, CA – The Catalyst
    December 9 2024 San Francisco, CA – The Independent
    December 11 2024 Seattle, WA – Neptune Theatre

I’ve got a ticket for the Charlotte show.

I always figured the “with Harrison” thing was a recognition of Harrison’s substantial contributions to the band. He is a co-writer on the last few albums, yet those albums are always simply credited to “The Pineapple Thief.” Maybe it’s promotional.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

I caught them at the World Cafe Live in Philadelphia in 2022, and it was a fantastic show. I did the meet and great, which was cool. The band came out early in a cordoned off lobby area and played a number of studio excerpts from a laptop and then discussed each one. All four were chatty. Then they of course did photos and signed things with everyone.

Hoping they'll add a Phoenix date to this tour so I can catch them again.

Here's a pic from I took at the show in Philly - Gavin's hidden but I still like the energy in this one.

Quote Originally Posted by XTC123 View Post
    US tour here. I went to a couple of the UK gigs and can highly recommend them. They really are good and put in a tremendous shift. And yes Gavin Harrison is on drums. A good deal of the European tour did sell out so, prog/not prog, Smashing Pumpkins/not Smashing Pumpkins, they are certainly being recogised in their own right.

November 10 2024 Estadio Santa Laura, Chile
    November 14 2024 Atlanta, GA – Terminal West
    November 16 2024 Clearwater, FL – Cpitol Theatre
    November 17 2024 Orlando, FL – Plaza Live
    November 19 2024 Charlotte, NC – The Underground
    November 21 2024 Washington, DC – Union stage
    November 22 2024 Philadelphia, PA – World Cafe Live
    November 23 2024 New York, NY – Gramercy Theatre
    November 24 2024 Somerville, MA – Somerville Theatre
    November 26 2024 Quebec, QC – Palais Montcalm
    November 27 2024 Montreal, QC – Theatre Beanfield
    November 29 2024 Toronto, ON – The Opera House
    November 30 2024 Pittsburgh, PA – Jergels
    December 1 2024 Chicago, IL – House of Blues
    December 3 2024 Dallas, TX – Granada Theatre
    December 5 2024 Mexico City, Mexico – Auditorio Blackberry
    December 7 2024 Los Angeles, CA – Teragram Ballroom
    December 8 2024 Santa Cruz, CA – The Catalyst
    December 9 2024 San Francisco, CA – The Independent
    December 11 2024 Seattle, WA – Neptune Theatre
    Wish they were coming a bit closer to me than Chicago (2.5 hour drive if the traffic is good). House Of Blues is a cool venue though.

Got one of those for DC.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Wish they were coming a bit closer to me than Chicago (2.5 hour drive if the traffic is good). House Of Blues is a cool venue though.
    Sadly, other than the fact I know the US is a massive area and you guys do a lot of travelling to gigs, I know very little of its geography. Guess we are lucky in the UK

Quote Originally Posted by XTC123 View Post
    Sadly, other than the fact I know the US is a massive area and you guys do a lot of travelling to gigs, I know very little of its geography. Guess we are lucky in the UK
    I basically live halfway between the cities of Chicago & Detroit. It is 2 to 2.5 hours to either city depending on what part of the city the gig is in if the traffic is good. Chicago traffic can sometimes be a nightmare. Going to Chicago there is also a time change as it is a different time zone from where I live, so if I drive home I lose an hour and don’t get home until 3 to 4AM. Spending the night in Chicago is also an option, but hotels are pretty expensive. All that being said, I do go to shows in the city on occasion, but it has to be someone I really want to see. I have not ruled this one out, so we’ll see.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    The played in Ottawa last time but only Montreal and Toronto this time. I like to stay overnight in M AND T so this is a far stretch to a band I just saw a year ago.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

The band posted that a gig in Canada is now 90% full. So encouraging signs. Thanks America